In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Mastering MySQL 4
MySQL has proven it can compete with the big names in database management, such as SQL Server and Oracle, and with MySQL 4 this is truer than ever. Mastering MySQL 4 is your one-stop resource for all the information you need to create, maintain, use, and extend a MySQL database. It’s also essential reading for anyone developing...
Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach
Over the past decade, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) have evolved
from a highly specialized niche to a technology that affects nearly every aspect
of our lives, from finding driving directions to managing natural disasters.
While just a few years ago the use of GIS was restricted to a group of
researchers, planners and... DWR Java AJAX Applications AJAX enables a rich desktop-like user interface in the browser and enables interactive interfaces that can even replace traditional user interfaces. Communication between browser and server is done in the background and because only the data is transferred between the browser and the server, AJAX applications seem to be, and are actually, fast and...
Programming Microsoft Windows CE .NET, Third Edition
Design sleek, high-performance applications for the newest smart mobile devices with the industry’s most respected reference to Windows CE .NET. Now in its third edition, this essential guide has been updated for Windows CE .NET 4.2 and the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework. Author Douglas Boling expertly demonstrates how to apply your...