In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Mobile VPN : Delivering Advanced Services in Next Generation Wireless Systems Expert guidance on how to successfully build and deploy Mobile Virtual Private Networks
Mobile Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) have the potential to dramatically improve business productivity and give service providers new revenue opportunities. This in-depth tutorial will help professionals in the field understand both the technology of Mobile...
Information Security Fundamentals
The purpose of information security is to protect an organization’s valuable resources, such as information, computer hardware, and software. Through the selection and application of appropriate safeguards, security helps the organization’s mission by protecting its physical and financial resources, reputation, legal position,...
PHP and MySQL: Create - Modify - Reuse I ’ m especially amazed at how the Internet has grown and evolved over the past decade or so. It has grown from a collection of static text documents connected by a few hyperlinks to a platform for delivering rich, distributed applications. And when it comes time to develop these web - based applications, many programmers are choosing PHP and...
Fundamentals of Engineering Electromagnetics
Fundamental of Engineering Electromagnetics not only presents the fundamentals of electromagnetism in a concise and logical manner, but also includes a variety of interesting and important applications. While adapted from his popular and more extensive work, Field and Wave Electromagnetics, this text incorporates a number of innovative...
The Mathematics of Signal Processing (Cambridge Texts in Applied Mathematics)
Arising from courses taught by the authors, this largely self-contained treatment is ideal for mathematicians who are interested in applications or for students from applied fields who want to understand the mathematics behind their subject. Early chapters cover Fourier analysis, functional analysis, probability and linear algebra, all of...