In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Research and Trends in Data Mining Technologies and Applications In enterprises, a large volume of data has been collected and stored in data warehouses. Advances in data gathering, storage, and distribution have created a need for integrating data warehousing and data mining techniques. Mining data warehouses raises unique issues and requires special attention. Data warehousing and data mining are... Advances in Chromatographic Techniques for Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
For drugs with a narrow therapeutic index, therapeutic drug monitoring methods are essential for patient management. Although immunoassays are commercially available for many drugs and most laboratories use these assays for routine therapeutic monitoring, they have many limitations which hinder their efficacy. Providing practical guidelines for...
Mastering Active Directory for Windows Server 2008 Detailed Coverage of Active Directory for Windows Server 2008, 2003, 2003 R2, and 2000
If you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of Active Directory, you need this book. From Windows Server 2000 up through the new features available in Windows Server 2008, this comprehensive guide gives you the practical...
Power System Relaying
With emphasis on power system protection from the network operator perspective, this classic textbook explains the fundamentals of relaying and power system phenomena including stability, protection and reliability. The fourth edition brings coverage up-to-date with important advancements in protective relaying due to significant changes in...