In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
A Networking Approach to Grid Computing In February 1974 this author, as a math major at the Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn,
(co)invented a now well-rooted but computationally complex concept of “hyperperfect
numbers” and he used an early form of grid computing—also known as
utility computing—to study this concept (see pages 83 and 86). His...
Facilities Management Handbook, Fourth Edition Comprehensive, authoritative up to date coverage of all aspects of facilities management
Now in this fourth edition, the Facilities Management Handbook has been fully updated from the acclaimed previous editions, continuing its status as an invaluable resource to those working in facilities...
Inside ASP.NET Inside ASP.NET presents experienced software and web developers with accurate and concise information on the technologies and concepts introduced in Microsoft's new and revolutionary platform, .NET. Inside ASP.NET covers topics such as ADO.NET, XML Web Services, cache control, globalization, and mobile device development, providing the...
Game Development for iOS with Unity3D
Demystifies the Processes of Game Development
Game Development for iOS with Unity3D takes you through the complete process of Unity iOS game development. A game developer for over 12 years, the author presents production-proven techniques and valuable tips and tricks needed to plan, build, test, and launch...
Object-Oriented Programming with Visual Basic .NET
This book is not a reference. That needs to be said right off the bat. It was written to be read cover to cover; it tells a story. It's an interwoven tale about object-oriented programming in the .NET world: building objects, moving them, and using them around the world. This is not just a how-to book; it's a why-to and a when-to...
Enterprise Java with UML
This work is a comprehensive guide to using UML (Unified Modelling Language) in model Java applications. The book presents strategies for developing enterprise systems using Java and related technologies - XML, Servlets, Enterprise JavaBeans, Swing Components, CORBA, RMI, and others. The authors explain how UML is used as a modelling tool for...