In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Reason 3 for Windows and Macintosh : Visual QuickStart Guide Combining pristine sound quality with a comfortably retro-styled virtual rack (including a polyphonic synthesizer, mixing console, sampler, and drum machine), Reason has won legions of fans since its introduction. Now, everyone is singing its praises -- from bands like Nine Inch Nails and Prodigy to video producers. Here to show you why is the... Special Edition Using Microsoft Windows XP Home (3rd Edition)
The only Windows XP Home book readers need! Windows 95/98/Me users rejoice! Finally, the stability of Windows NT/2000 in an operating system built for the home and small business user - Windows XP has answered many prayers. Don't be fooled, however. If you think there was a lot to learn when the world jumped from DOS to Windows 95, then you're...
Pro SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services At its core, the process of designing reports hasn’t changed substantially in the past 15 years.
The report designer lays out report objects, which contain data from a known data source, in
a design application such as Crystal Reports or Microsoft Access. He or she then tests report
execution, verifies the accuracy of the...
This book contains comprehensive, straightforward summaries of the major concepts, issues, and approaches related to...
Learning the Korn Shell This Nutshell Handbook(R) is a thorough introduction to the Korn shell, both as a user interface and as a programming language.
The Korn shell, like the C and Bourne shells, is a program that interprets UNIX commands. It has many features that aren't found in other shells, including command history (the ability to recall and edit...