In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Triple Play: Building the converged network for IP, VoIP and IPTV
“Triple Play”is a combination of Internet access, voice communication (telephony), and entertainment services such as IP television and video on demand.
The erosion of the traditional voice service, together with the ever-increasing competition between companies, is pushing the telecommunications industry...
Spring Enterprise Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
The Spring Framework is a widely adopted enterprise and general Java framework. The release of Spring Framework 3.0 has added many improvements and new features for Spring development. Written by Gary Mak of the best-selling Spring Recipes and Josh Long, an expert Spring user and developer, Spring...
The Algorithm Design Manual Most of the professional programmers that I've encountered are not well prepared to tackle algorithm
design problems. This is a pity, because the techniques of algorithm design form one of the core practical
technologies of computer science. Designing correct, efficient, and implementable algorithms for realworld
problems is a tricky...
Lightwave 3D Character Animation This book is for anyone who has ever had a character in their heart that they’ve wanted to bring to life with as much fluidity, power, and grace as can be seen in the best animated feature films. This is a book for anyone who has wanted to become an animator but hasn’t gone to Sheridan College in Toronto or CalArts in Valencia. This is... Blender 2.5 Character Animation Cookbook
This book offers clear, illustrative, and easy-to-follow recipes to create character rigs and
animations for common situations. Bring your characters to life by understanding the
principles, techniques, and approaches involved in creating rigs and animations; you'll
be able to adapt them to your own characters and films.
RFID Explained (Synthesis Lectures on Mobile and Pervasive Computing) This lecture provides an introduction to Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), a technology enabling automatic identification of objects at a distance without requiring line-of-sight. Electronic tagging can be divided into technologies that have a power source (active tags), and those that are powered by the tag interrogation signal (passive...