In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware
Software development happens in your head. Not in an editor, IDE, or design tool. You're well educated on how to work with software and hardware, but what about wetware--our own brains? Learning new skills and new technology is critical to your career, and it's all in your head.
In this book by Andy...
User Mode Linux(R) (Bruce Perens Open Source)
With User Mode Linux you can create virtual Linux machines within a Linux computer and use them to safely test and debug applications, network services, and even kernels. You can try out new distributions, experiment with buggy software, and even test security. Now, for the first time, the creator and maintainer of User Mode Linux shows how to...
Data Compression: The Complete Reference Giambattista della Porta, a Renaissance scientist, was the author in 1558 of Magia Naturalis (Natural Magic), a book in which he discusses many subjects, including demonology, magnetism, and the camera obscura. The book mentions an imaginary device that has since become known as the “sympathetic telegraph.” This device was to have...