In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Arduino Workshop: A Hands-On Introduction with 65 Projects
Learn the Basics, Build the Projects, Create Your Own
The Arduino is a cheap, flexible, open source microcontroller platform designed to make it easy for hobbyists to use electronics in homemade projects. With an almost unlimited range of input and output add-ons, sensors, indicators, displays,...
VMware vSphere 4 Administration Instant Reference
The only quick reference guide to the number one virtualization product!
Get all your solutions about VMware's newest virtualization infrastructure software on the spot with this handy reference guide. Designed for quick access with special headings, thumb tabs, easy-to-read lists, and more, this book is the perfect companion to any...
London and Paris as International Financial Centres in the Twentieth Century `This book has a truly exciting set of fifteen chapters... This is a well-integrated volume that should be in the library of every economic historian who deals with international banking and finance in the late nineteenth and twentieth century. I read it with great absorption and delight.' Mira Wilkins, EH.NET
Tech Job Hunt Handbook: Career Management for Technical Professionals
Tech Job Hunt Handbook is a career management book—just for technology professionals—that reflects today’s new economic realities. The world of work is constantly changing, and staying professionally relevant while competing for more specialized tech jobs in areas like cloud computing, mobile and social...
Cracking DES: Secrets of Encryption Research, Wiretap Politics & Chip Design
Sometimes you have to do good engineering to straighten out twisted politics. The Electronic Frontier Foundation, a nonprofit organization that was founded to ensure that the principles embodied in the Constitution and Bill of Rights are protected as new communications technologies emerge, and O"Reilly, the premier publisher of computer...