In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
50 Fast Flash MX Techniques If you’re a Web designer, Macromedia Flash can help you create interactive effects that’ll reel in site visitors–and keep them coming back for more. Using lots of example movies, clear step-by-step instructions, and 32 pages of vivid color illustrations, Gurdy Leete and Ellen Finkelstein walk you through 50 of today’s... Introduction to Thermoelectricity (Springer Series in Materials Science)
Introduction to Thermoelectricity is the latest work by Professor Julian Goldsmid drawing on his 55 years experience in the field. The theory of the thermoelectric and related phenomena is presented in sufficient detail to enable researchers to understand their observations and develop improved thermoelectric materials. The methods for the...
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services: An Expert Cookbook
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services: An Expert Cookbook is a complete guide for everyone, from a novice to a professional in Integration
Services 2012. SQL Server Integration Services is an ETL tool, which stands for Extract Transform and Load. There is a need for a data transfer system in
all operational systems these days,... Grid Computing: Achievements and Prospects Grid Computing: Achievements and Prospects, the 9th edited volume of the CoreGRID series, includes selected papers from the CoreGRID Integration Workshop, held April 2008 in Heraklion-Crete, Greece. This event brings together representatives of the academic and industrial communities performing Grid research in Europe....