Deliver console-rocking sound, music, and video effects to your games with this all-in-one toolkit for C++ game programmers. From mixing and moving sounds around a 3-D space to taking video to the third dimension, you get expert insights and performance tips direct from the developers. It’s everything you need to fuel your creativity—and take your game players to spectacular new 3-D worlds!
Discover how to:
- Mix mono, stereo, and 3-D sound—and add special effects
- Create reverb and other environmental sound effects
- Stream multiple sounds, create buffers, and get tips for optimizing audio performance
- Seamlessly render video cut scenes onto 3-D animations
- Add textures to video and create fades, zooms, picture-in-picture, fly-ins, and more
- Learn video mixing techniques—and write your own compositors to invent one-of-a-kind effects
- Control hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness settings for video
- Create AVI movies from Direct 3D animation
- Produce professional-quality content from raw audio and video
Applied Statistics for Public and Nonprofit Administration
As the first book ever published for public administration statistics courses, APPLIED STATISTICS FOR PUBLIC AND NONPROFIT ADMINISTRATION makes a difficult subject accessible to students and practitioners of public administration who have little background in statistics or research methods. Steeped in experience and practice, this landmark...
Easy iPod and iTunes Frustrated by the lack of instructions and documentation that came with your new iPod? Don't throw it out the window! Instead, consult Easy iPod and iTunes, a full-color, visually oriented book that covers iPod and iTunes usage from the beginner's point of view. With step-by-step instructions and visual elements on every page, you will go...
The Financial Numbers Game: Detecting Creative Accounting Practices Praise for The Financial Numbers Game
"So much for the notion 'those who can, do-those who can't, teach.' Mulford and Comiskey function successfully both as college professors and real-world financial mercenaries. These guys know their balance sheets. The Financial Numbers Game should serve as a survival manual for both...
Digital Integrated Circuits: Analysis and Design This is a well-written solid engineering oriented book … an excellent book for a first course which concentrates on digital electronics at the transistor level.
-IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, Vol. 4, No. 4, 2004
…Ayers discusses a wide range of topics-each properly arranged, concisely explained, and clearly...
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services
It is not customary to start a foreword with an admission that the writer of the foreword has only recently come to personally know the author of the book. I started hearing about Adatis, the company for which Jeremy works, a few years ago. The context was always around Business Intelligence implementations in the United Kingdom, always made...