Deliver console-rocking sound, music, and video effects to your games with this all-in-one toolkit for C++ game programmers. From mixing and moving sounds around a 3-D space to taking video to the third dimension, you get expert insights and performance tips direct from the developers. It’s everything you need to fuel your creativity—and take your game players to spectacular new 3-D worlds!
Discover how to:
- Mix mono, stereo, and 3-D sound—and add special effects
- Create reverb and other environmental sound effects
- Stream multiple sounds, create buffers, and get tips for optimizing audio performance
- Seamlessly render video cut scenes onto 3-D animations
- Add textures to video and create fades, zooms, picture-in-picture, fly-ins, and more
- Learn video mixing techniques—and write your own compositors to invent one-of-a-kind effects
- Control hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness settings for video
- Create AVI movies from Direct 3D animation
- Produce professional-quality content from raw audio and video
A Companion to Modern African Art
Offering a wealth of perspectives on African modern and Modernist art from the mid-nineteenth century to the present, this new Companion features essays by African, European, and North American authors who assess the work of individual artists as well as exploring broader themes such as discoveries of new technologies and globalization....
GPS For Dummies Find GPS waypoint data, discover geocaching, and more
Choose a GPS receiver, make your own maps, and get on – or off – the road
Here’s what you need to make the most of that handy, portable GPS gadget and all its amazing features! Pick the right receiver for you, create a map from your front door to Aunt...
Facilities Management Handbook, Fourth Edition Comprehensive, authoritative up to date coverage of all aspects of facilities management
Now in this fourth edition, the Facilities Management Handbook has been fully updated from the acclaimed previous editions, continuing its status as an invaluable resource to those working in facilities...
Java in 60 Minutes A Day Get up and running with Java in no time using this innovative virtual classroom approach!
Do you know how to harness the exciting power of object-oriented programming? Focusing on the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE™), this revolutionary book and companion online presentation take you through 19 one-hour lessons that teach you how...
Quick Recipes on Symbian OS: Mastering C++ Smartphone Development (Symbian Press) This book has been designed for people who are in a hurry.
Perhaps you are a developer who has been asked to port some software, initially written for another operating system (such as may run on a desktop computer), to Symbian OS. Or perhaps you have to investigate whether Symbian OS could be suited to an idea from a designer friend of...