Deliver console-rocking sound, music, and video effects to your games with this all-in-one toolkit for C++ game programmers. From mixing and moving sounds around a 3-D space to taking video to the third dimension, you get expert insights and performance tips direct from the developers. It’s everything you need to fuel your creativity—and take your game players to spectacular new 3-D worlds!
Discover how to:
- Mix mono, stereo, and 3-D sound—and add special effects
- Create reverb and other environmental sound effects
- Stream multiple sounds, create buffers, and get tips for optimizing audio performance
- Seamlessly render video cut scenes onto 3-D animations
- Add textures to video and create fades, zooms, picture-in-picture, fly-ins, and more
- Learn video mixing techniques—and write your own compositors to invent one-of-a-kind effects
- Control hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness settings for video
- Create AVI movies from Direct 3D animation
- Produce professional-quality content from raw audio and video
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development Liferay portal is one of the most mature portal frameworks in the market, offering many key business benefits that involve personalization, customization, and workflow. If you are a Java developer who wants to build custom web sites and intranet applications using Liferay portal, this is where your search ends.
This book shows how Java...
Reasoning Web: First International Summer School 2005
This book presents thoroughly revised tutorial papers based on lectures given by leading researchers at the First Summer School on Reasoning Web in Msida, Malta, in July 2005. The objective is to provide a coherent introduction into Semantic Web methods and issues with a particular focus on reasonning.
The ten tutorial papers...
Visual C#: .Net Developer's Handbook with CDROM Visual C# .NET Developer's Handbook offers advanced, practical, and comprehensive coverage of major development issues for the hottest new programming language. Well-known programming author John Mueller starts out with expert advice for building complex desktop applications and moves on to major enterprise topics, such as working with Acive...
Hacking the Xbox: An Introduction to Reverse Engineering This--this being the attitude encapsulated in Andrew "bunnie" Huang's Hacking the Xbox--is why a lot of people got into the computer industry in the first place. These people liked taking things apart and figuring out how they worked, then making them serve purposes they weren't originally designed for and sharing the new discoveries with... UNIX System Administration: A Beginner's Guide
Essential Skills Made Easy!
Learn the fundamentals of UNIX administration--from both a network and single system perspective--using this easy-to-follow introductory guide. You'll find clear instructions for setting up such important system services sas DNS, FTP, file systems, basic security tools, and much more. Designed for easy...