Deliver console-rocking sound, music, and video effects to your games with this all-in-one toolkit for C++ game programmers. From mixing and moving sounds around a 3-D space to taking video to the third dimension, you get expert insights and performance tips direct from the developers. It’s everything you need to fuel your creativity—and take your game players to spectacular new 3-D worlds!
Discover how to:
- Mix mono, stereo, and 3-D sound—and add special effects
- Create reverb and other environmental sound effects
- Stream multiple sounds, create buffers, and get tips for optimizing audio performance
- Seamlessly render video cut scenes onto 3-D animations
- Add textures to video and create fades, zooms, picture-in-picture, fly-ins, and more
- Learn video mixing techniques—and write your own compositors to invent one-of-a-kind effects
- Control hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness settings for video
- Create AVI movies from Direct 3D animation
- Produce professional-quality content from raw audio and video
JavaServer Faces 2.0, The Complete Reference
The Definitive Guide to JavaServer Faces 2.0
Fully revised and updated for all of the changes in JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2.0, this comprehensive volume covers every aspect of the official standard Web development architecture for JavaEE. Inside this authoritative resource, the co-spec lead for JSF at Sun Microsystems shows you how...
Building a Virtual Private Network
Your business must be connected in order to compete in the global marketplace. Employees need to know that their company's network is accessible at any time, from any place. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) accomplishes this by utilizing remote connectivity technologies that combine existing internal networks with the Internet to securely...
MySQL Crash Course (Sams Teach Yourself in 10 Minutes)
If you are a MySQL user who wants to find out more about the program, but is not interested in becoming a database administrator just to be able to read books on MySQL, then MySQL Crash Course is for you. This tutorial-based book is organized into a series of short, easy-to-follow lessons...
Introduction to Fluid Mechanics: includes CD This book is intended primarily for use in a one-quarter or one-semester introductory fluid mechanics course. Our goal is to provide both a balanced introduction to all the tools used for solving fluid mechanics problems today and a foundation for further study of this important and exciting field. By learning about analytical, empirical (existing... Cleaning Windows XP For Dummies Acomputer is nothing but a tool. It’s bigger than a hammer (well, most hammers), heavier than a screwdriver, and generally less noisy than a circular saw — but is nonetheless a tool. You can do more stuff with a computer than you can with a hammer and a screwdriver, but hammers and screwdrivers are simpler to use and easier to clean up....