Deliver console-rocking sound, music, and video effects to your games with this all-in-one toolkit for C++ game programmers. From mixing and moving sounds around a 3-D space to taking video to the third dimension, you get expert insights and performance tips direct from the developers. It’s everything you need to fuel your creativity—and take your game players to spectacular new 3-D worlds!
Discover how to:
- Mix mono, stereo, and 3-D sound—and add special effects
- Create reverb and other environmental sound effects
- Stream multiple sounds, create buffers, and get tips for optimizing audio performance
- Seamlessly render video cut scenes onto 3-D animations
- Add textures to video and create fades, zooms, picture-in-picture, fly-ins, and more
- Learn video mixing techniques—and write your own compositors to invent one-of-a-kind effects
- Control hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness settings for video
- Create AVI movies from Direct 3D animation
- Produce professional-quality content from raw audio and video
Digital Lighting and Rendering (2nd Edition)
Crafting a perfect rendering in 3D software means nailing all the details. And no matter what software you use, your success in creating realistic-looking illumination, shadows and textures depends on your professional lighting and rendering techniques. In this lavishly illustrated new edition, Pixar's Jeremy Birn shows you how...
The TCP/IP Guide: A Comprehensive, Illustrated Internet Protocols Reference The TCP/IP Guide is both an encyclopedic and comprehensible guide to the TCP/IP protocol suite that will appeal to newcomers and the seasoned professional. It details the core protocols that make TCP/IP internetworks function, and the most important classical TCP/IP applications. Its personal, easy-going writing style lets anyone... Network Flow Analysis
You know that servers have log files and performance measuring tools and that traditional network devices have LEDs that blink when a port does something. You may have tools that tell you how busy an interface is, but mostly a network device is a black box. Network Flow Analysis opens that black box, demonstrating how to use...
Pro Couchbase Development: A NoSQL Platform for the Enterprise
Pro Couchbase Development: A NoSQL Platform for the Enterprise discusses programming for Couchbase using Java and scripting languages, querying and searching, handling migration, and integrating Couchbase with Hadoop, HDFS, and JSON. It also discusses migration from other NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
This book is for big...