Deliver console-rocking sound, music, and video effects to your games with this all-in-one toolkit for C++ game programmers. From mixing and moving sounds around a 3-D space to taking video to the third dimension, you get expert insights and performance tips direct from the developers. It’s everything you need to fuel your creativity—and take your game players to spectacular new 3-D worlds!
Discover how to:
- Mix mono, stereo, and 3-D sound—and add special effects
- Create reverb and other environmental sound effects
- Stream multiple sounds, create buffers, and get tips for optimizing audio performance
- Seamlessly render video cut scenes onto 3-D animations
- Add textures to video and create fades, zooms, picture-in-picture, fly-ins, and more
- Learn video mixing techniques—and write your own compositors to invent one-of-a-kind effects
- Control hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness settings for video
- Create AVI movies from Direct 3D animation
- Produce professional-quality content from raw audio and video
Network Management, MIBs and MPLS: Principles, Design and Implementation Network Management, MIBs and MPLS: Principles, Design and Implementation is the definitive guide to managing and troubleshooting enterprise and service provider networks. This in-depth tutorial from networking expert Stephen Morris delivers clear and concise instruction on networking with MIBs, SNMP, MPLS, and... Natural Language Annotation for Machine Learning
This book is intended as a resource for people who are interested in using computers to
help process natural language. A natural language refers to any language spoken by
humans, either currently (e.g., English, Chinese, Spanish) or in the past (e.g., Latin,
ancient Greek, Sanskrit). Annotation refers to the process...
Translational Neuroscience: A Guide to a Successful Program
Translational research looks to take the latest innovations made in the laboratory setting to translate findings into effective and sustainable medical interventions and improved preventative measures. Funding support is increasingly tied to practical healthcare outcomes, with this trend likely only to increase in coming years,...
GNU/Linux Application Programming
The wide range of applications available in GNU/Linux includes not only pure applications, but also tools and utilities for the GNU/Linux environment. GNU/Linux Application Programming takes a holistic approach to teaching developers the ins-and-outs of GNU/Linux programming using APIs, tools, communication, and scripting. Covering...
Advancement of Optical Methods in Experimental Mechanics, Volume 3
Advancement of Optical Methods in Experimental Mechanics: Proceedings of the 2013 Annual Conference on Experimental and Applied Mechanics, the third volume of eight from the Conference, brings together contributions to this important area of research and engineering. The collection presents early findings and case studies...