Cutting-Edge Optofluidics Theories, Techniques, and Practices
Add novel functionalities to your optical design projects by incorporating state-of-the-art microfluidic technologies and tools. Co-written by industry experts, Optofluidics: Fundamentals, Devices, and Applications covers the latest functional integration of optical devices and microfluidics, as well as automation techniques.
This authoritative guide explains how to fabricate optical lab-on-a-chip devices, synthesize photonic crystals, develop solid and liquid core waveguides, use fluidic self-assembly methods, and accomplish direct microfabrication in solutions. The book includes details on developing biological sensors and arrays, handling maskless lithography, designing high-Q cavities, and working with nanoscale plasmonics. Research outcomes from the DARPA-funded Center for Optofluidics Integration are also discussed.
Discover how to:
- Work with optofluidic sources, lenses, filters, switches, and splitters
- Use dielectric waveguiding devices to input, move, and manipulate fluids
- Integrate colloidal crystals and fibers with microfluidic systems
- Develop bio-inspired fluidic lens systems and aspherical lenses
- Deploy miniaturized dye lasers, microscopes, biosensors, and resonators
- Analyze microfluidic systems using flow injection and fluorescent spectroscopy
- Build optofluidic direct fabrication platforms for innovative microstructures
- Accomplish optofluidic liquid actuation and particle manipulation
Programming WCF Services
Written by Microsoft software legend Juval Lowy, Programming WCF Services is the authoritative introduction to Microsoft's new, and some say revolutionary, unified platform for developing service-oriented applications (SOA) on Windows. Relentlessly practical, the book delivers insight, not documentation, to teach developers what they...
Introducing Windows Server 2008
Your first look at the next generation of Windows Server-straight from the experts.
Get a jump on evaluating Windows Server 2008-with technical insights direct from the Windows Server team. This practical introduction delivers real-world implementation scenarios and pragmatic advice for administering Windows Server in the enterprise....
Spring in Action
Spring in Action, Fourth Edition is a hands-on guide to the Spring Framework, updated for version 4. It covers the latest features, tools, and practices including Spring MVC, REST, Security, Web Flow, and more. You'll move between short snippets and an ongoing example as you learn to build...