Sometimes you just need to solve a problem and get on with your work. To that end, Visual Basic 2008 Recipes is a compendium of practical solutions for busy VB .NET programmers. Create time for the more interesting aspects of your VB .NET project by solving common problems with the practical solutions and dozens of code examples in this book. Important new .NET 3.5 technologies, such as Windows Presentation Framework (WPF) and Language Integrated Query (LINQ), are covered, and each chapter addresses a specific problem domain, including database access, multimedia, XML manipulation, networking, and security. The code is free to download so you can use the recipes immediately.
- Take advantage of quality, ready–made solutions to common Visual Basic programming problems.
- Avoid the tedium of having to reinvent the wheel. Focus instead on the more interesting problems specific to your application.
- Learn from and be inspired by what the authors have done. Use their work as stepping stones to solve even more complex problems.
What you’ll learn
- Cleanly separate user–interface logic from business logic through the use of .NET 3.5’s WPF.
- Store data to and retrieve data from your relational database using LINQ.
- Manipulate XML data using LINQ.
- Make your programs dynamically configurable through the judicious application of reflection.
- Take advantage of multiple CPU cores by writing multithreaded applications.
- Integrate multimedia into your Visual Basic projects.
Who is this book for?
Visual Basic 2008 Recipes is written for Visual Basic developers who have at least some experience in developing Visual Basic solutions. The book contains recipes appealing to intermediate through advanced developers.
About the Author
- Accelerated VB 2008
- Microsoft SharePoint: Building Office 2007 Solutions in VB 2005
- Beginning Object-Oriented Programming with VB 2005: From Novice to Professional
Todd Herman works for Berico Technologies as a senior developer as part of the intelligence community. He has been programming since he received his first computer, a Commodore 64, on his 11th birthday. His experience ranges from developing data–entry software in FoxPro for a water research laboratory to writing biometric applications in Visual Basic for NEC. He currently lives in Virginia with his wife and children, spending his free time programming, playing computer games, and watching the Sci–Fi Channel.
Mobile TV: DVB-H, DMB, 3G Systems and Rich Media Applications Exclusively dedicated to Mobile TV, this book provides a detailed insight to mobile multimedia characterized efficient compression techniques, protocols formalized by 3GPP or 3GPP2, capabilities of broadcast, and mobile networks for delivering multimedia content. Network requirements such as spectrum; chipsets, software and handsets which enable... Android Arcade Game App: A Real World Project - Case Study Approach
Welcome to Android Arcade Game App. In this book, you will learn how to
create an Android arcade-style game “from project to publish.” While I will walk
you through solutions to some gaming development problems, this book is not
necessarily for beginner developers.
You chose this book because you are...
IBM e Server Certification Study Guide-AIX 5L Communications The AIX and IBM eServer pSeries Certifications, offered through the Professional Certification Program from IBM, are designed to validate the skills required of technical professionals who work in the powerful and often complex environments of AIX and IBM eServer pSeries. A complete set of professional certifications are available. They include: