The Evil Genius format is the perfect "vehicle" for 50 incredible automotive projects that are compatible with any car, no matter what make, model, or year. Focusing on low-cost, easily obtained components, the book lists the items needed to complete each project along with a troubleshooting and repair section.
TURBO CHARGED, SLIGHTLY WICKED FUN!
Imagine your classic car, truck, or hot rod with electric doors and windows, a built-in computer and GPS, voice control, automatic wipers and headlights, and electronic security -- just a few of the 50 exciting projects fully detailed in this easy-to-follow guide. The first car-focused volume in this popular series, 50 Awesome Auto Projects for the Evil Genius offers you hours of fun and learning-- and a super souped-up ride.
You don't need any knowledge of auto electronics to get started -- but when you're done, your friends will be begging for advice on updating their vehicles!
50 AWESOME AUTO PROJECTS FOR THE EVIL GENIUS--
- Introduces you to automotive electronics step-by-step -- you don't need to be an auto or electronics whiz to get started, but you will be when you're finished
- Provides enjoyable step-by-step directions for 50 tantalizing projects compatible with any car, no matter the make, model, or year
- Gives you illustrated, step-by-step directions for theater-style light dimmers, a DVD player, electric mirrors, power supplies, and much, much more
- Provides complete lists of tools and parts -- all easily obtained and inexpensive
- Helps you select components, with recommendations on available technologies
- Offers unique troubleshooting and repair guidance on each project that can prevent trouble before it starts
- Suggests related activities for customization and going step beyond
CAR-ENHANCING PROJECTS THAT TEACH AUTO ELECTRONICS -- WHILE PROVIDING HOURS OF FUN!
About the Author
Gavin Harper is an amateur hobbyist, member of a number of classic car clubs, and devoted British car enthusiast. His current "fleet" includes a 1983 Austin Mini and a 1979 MG Midget much to his family's displeasure. Gavin is currently studying with the Open University in the Honors program toward a bachelor of science technology and with University of East London toward a master of science in architecture with a focus on advanced environmental and energy studies. He holds qualifications in IT, engineering, and computer-aided design. Gavin is a Science and Engineering Ambassador for the SETNET group and is actively involved in promoting science, engineering, and technology in schools.