"The Acrobat PDF Bible is the gospel truth – a must-have reference for all disciples of the portable document format!"
– Karl De Abrew, CEO, Planet PDF
If Adobe Acrobat 6 can do it, you can do it too ...
The latest upgrade to Adobe Acrobat includes revolutionary enhancements, and this comprehensive guidebook covers them all in meticulous detail. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of every feature, from the new audio-reader that enables your computer to "read" PDF files aloud to the improved color management capacity for advanced prepress preparation. If Acrobat is essential to your work, the Adobe Acrobat 6 PDF Bible is essential to your reference library.
Inside, you’ll find complete coverage of Adobe Acrobat 6
- Get complete information for both Windows® and Mac OS® X versions
- Set up an eBook library to store volumes directly in Acrobat and create an eBook lending program
- Soft-proof color separations right in Acrobat without printing the file
- Learn how to create and manage PDF documents with Adobe PDF Layers
- Explore the improved user interface and the convenience of new viewing and navigation tools
- Create PDF files from CAD applications and take advantage of new tools for engineering professionals
- Modify files for output to print, presentation, e-mail, DVD, the Web, and other distribution methods
Cross-platform CD-ROM contains
About the Author
- A searchable PDF version of this book
- Total Training video hosted by Ted Padova
- Links to Web sites that offer additional tools
- Sample files, forms, interactive documents, and tutorials to help you work through steps from all chapters
- Sample video clips that teach you how to use Acrobat
Ted Padova is author of the successful Acrobat 5 PDF Bible
and Creating Adobe Acrobat Forms, as well as the upcoming Acrobat “X” Complete Course. He is arguably the #1 Acrobat guru in the field today, and is the Chief Executive Officer of The Image Source – a digital imaging and photo finishing center in Ventura California and other locations. As a speaker, he has delivered presentations on digital prepress, halftoning and Photoshop methods nationally on behalf of Thunder Lizard Productions speaking at both the Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator conferences. Additional speaking engagements have been provided on behalf of Adobe Systems, Aldus Corporation and Iomega Corporation. He has written a feature column for the Los Angeles Macintosh User Group Magazine and has published over 40 journal articles on digital prepress and application software methods. Padova has been featured in Macweek, Publish
, and other industry magazines.