Your Definitive Professional Resource
Build solutions for the Microsoft .NET platform quickly and easily with C#--an efficient, object-oriented language. Advanced C# Programming thoroughly explains real-world solutions you can apply to a wide range of business applications or to programming problems. This book also reviews working code available on Microsoft's portal. Maximize the vast capabilities of C# in three key areas--Windows applications, tools and component building, and Web programming--using the advanced development strategies presented in this professional resource.
About the Author
- Get an overview of core language foundations you will need to create applications
- Explore Windows Forms programming, multithreading, GDI+, and more in .NET
- Incorporate roles-based and code access security
- Use attributes, exception handlers, event logging, and other proven programming methods with ease
- Extend the Visual Studio .NET IDE using the new extensibility model
- Implement Web methods, Web services, and asynchronous Web services
- Learn about ADO.NET, Reflection, and emitting IL by exploring the assembly viewer applications
- Significantly minimize the number of bugs that make it off your work station
Paul Kimmel (Okemos, Michigan) is the founder of Software Conceptions, Inc., which helps organizations implement object-oriented solutions to problems in point of sales, telecommunications, finance, and insurance. Paul has implemented telephony applications used by Lucent Technologies at Bell Lab, and for back office systems for e-commerce for the Citibank Development Center in Los Angeles. Paul used Delphi in its pre-Delphi incarnations, Turbo and Borland Pascal, to Delphi 1, and he continues to use it today. He is the author and co-author of several computer books including Building Delphi 2 Database Applications for Macmillan. Paul has done development, developer training, and consulting work for Merrill Lynch, Pitney-Bowes, Amway, Mobil Oil, Michigan State University, and Mellon Bank among others.