The goal of this book is to help you get a better grasp of PHP, to learn some of the less commonly used features, and to help you build some applications that are useful in your work or hobbies. I hope it gives you some ideas on how to make your own applications easier to code and easier to use.
- Build complex, PHP-driven Web sites—fast!
- Discover powerful new PHP techniques, hands on!
- Learn all-new techniques based on PHP-GTK and PEAR::DB
- Master XML parsing, user authentication, forms processing, data mining, and much more
Take your PHP programming skills to the next level!
In this concise, hands-on tutorial, PHP expert Christopher Cosentino delivers dozens of powerful new techniques for building serious Web applications. Through professional-quality examples drawn from his six years as a PHP developer, Cosentino walks you through building friendlier, more usable sites; improving user authentication; generating dynamic graphics; parsing XML documents; building database-independent Web applications; and much more!
Take PHP to the limit... and beyond!
About the Author
- Manage sessions more effectively
- Interact with multiple databases via PEAR::DB
- Improve your form processing scripts
- Parse large files and perform data mining
- Authenticate users by IP address, database query, or HTTP authentication
- Create custom error handlers
- Dump database contents into XML files
- Use PHP-GTK to build client-side cross-platform GUI applications
- And more...
CHRISTOPHER COSENTINO is currently a technical writer for Cisco Systems, Inc. He has been a freelance Web developer since 1996, specializing in the use of PHP to build e-commerce applications. He is author of Essential PHP for Web Professionals (Prentice Hall PTR).