If AutoCAD 2004 can do it, you can do it too...
The leading CAD software has the features you need to design and redesign the world. With AutoCAD 2004’s new interface, 80-plus Express Tools for added productivity, text and quality-output enhancements, and new ways to manage drawings, even veteran users need a refresher course. AutoCAD authority Ellen Finkelstein covers every feature, creating a comprehensive guidebook with the clear organization of a reference manual and the practical usability of a tutorial. It’s the only resource that begins with AutoCAD basics and takes you all the way to advanced programming techniques.
Inside, you’ll find complete coverage of AutoCAD 2004
- Learn to make maximum use of the new palette interface
- Discover the easiest ways to create precision drawings
- Explore AutoCAD’s many commands for creating 2D and 3D drawings and renderings
- Master editing and dimensioning techniques
- Control and manipulate your drawing data using blocks, attributes, and external databases
- Share and manage drawing information with the DesignCenter, Web publishing, Tool Palettes, Reference Manager, and cross-application tools
- Customize AutoCAD with command shortcuts, unique toolbars, scripts, linetypes, and hatch patterns
- Use AutoLISP® and VBA to program AutoCAD
About the Author Ellen Finkelstein
- Exercise drawings from start to finish
- Trial version of AutoCAD 2004
- Multiple freeware and shareware programs, including AccuRender, 3D-Cab, and GeomCurve
- Author-recommended Web links
- Searchable e-version of the book
learned AutoCAD in Israel, where she always got to pore over the manual because it was in English. After returning to the United States, she started consulting and teaching AutoCAD as well as other computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ellen has written books on Word, Power-Point, and Flash (such as Flash MX For Dummies,
published by Wiley). Her first book was AutoCAD For Dummies Quick Reference.
You’re holding the fourth edition of this book, which previously appeared for AutoCAD releases 14, 2000, and 2002.