If AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT can do it, you can do it too ...
Are you trying AutoCAD for the first time? Upgrading from an earlier version? Switching from another CAD software? Everything you need to know is right here. If you're new to AutoCAD, the Quick Start chapter gets you drawing right away. If you're experienced, go right to the new features of 2006. Each of the book's eight sections focuses on a key element of this complex, powerful program, making it easy to find what you need now and down the road.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT
* Learn the basics of using commands, specifying coordinates, and setting up a drawing
* Draw and edit in 2D with all of AutoCAD's objects, including the new dynamic blocks
* Create and present 3D drawings
* Set standards, organize with sheet sets, share data between applications, and put your drawings on the Internet
* Customize commands, menus, toolbars, linetypes, hatches, and fonts
* Create scripts, or venture into programming with AutoLISP(r) and VBA
Loaded with extra-value items, including
* A trial version of AutoCAD 2006 software
* More than 130 real-world drawings and files integrated with the exercises
* Stacks of software to enhance and streamline your work
* A searchable PDF version of the book