Beginning iOS Media App Development is a ground-breaking tutorial that explores the near limitless, programmable audio-visual capabilities of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using real-world examples and thorough explanations of the code. This book includes detailed step-by-step instructions and important background information from experienced media and utility app developer, Ahmed Bakir.
You'll learn about content creation, playback, and advanced topics, including AirPlay, AVKit, and Swift. Each chapter is framed with a project that illustrates the concepts being discussed and pulls in lessons from other popular apps. You'll even learn about the latest iOS 8 and Xcode 6 media features.
After reading this book, you should be able to build your first rich media app or utility app that utilizes multimedia for the App Store. And if you're a game developer, this book will provide you with tools to help make your game app look even better by integrating native iOS features.
What youÂll learn
• How to build rich, dynamic photo, audio, video, or multimedia apps using iOS SDK
• How to capture, import, and manipulate photos in your apps
• How to build your own music apps using the iTunes media library, MP3’s, and hardware microphone
• How to capture, import, and play videos in your apps
• How to override the default iOS camera controller, video player, and music player
• How to get started with the Swift programming language
• How to integrate new features of iOS8 and XCode 6 into your development workflow
• How to build a workout music app using HealthKit and the iOS Motion Co-Processor