Beginning Oracle SQL is your introduction to the interactive query tools and specific dialect of SQL used with Oracle Database. The book is a revision of the classic Mastering Oracle SQL and SQL*Plus by Lex de Haan, and has been updated to cover the very latest developments in Oracle’s version of the SQL query language. Written in an easygoing and example-based style, Beginning Oracle SQL is the book that will get you started down the path to successfully writing SQL statements and getting results from Oracle Database.
- Takes an example-based approach, with clear and authoritative explanations
- Introduces both SQL and the query tools used to execute SQL statements
- Shows how to create tables, populate them with data, and then query that data to generate business results
What you’ll learn
- Create database tables and define their relationships
- Add data to your tables; change and delete that data
- Write database queries that generate accurate results
- Avoid common traps and pitfalls in writing SQL queries
- Take advantage of advanced Oracle SQL features such as support for hierarchical queries, analytic and window functions, flashback to a given point in time, and more
- Get a handle on Oracle Database’s support for object types in the database
Who is this book for?
This book is aimed at developers and database administrators who must write SQL statements to execute against an Oracle database. No prior knowledge of SQL is assumed.
Designing for Behavior Change: Applying Psychology and Behavioral Economics
A new wave of products is helping people change their behavior and daily routines, whether it’s exercising more (Jawbone Up), taking control of their finances (HelloWallet), or organizing their email (Mailbox). This practical guide shows you how to design these types of products for users seeking to take action and achieve...
Printing with Adobe Photoshop CS4
Ever feel like your printer is letting you down?
Sick of seeing the bright, saturated tones of photos on your monitor turn into washed-out, drab prints?
Frustrated by the lack of resources on this essential process?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you really need The...
Dark Reunion (Vampire Diaries, No 4)
The Final Conflict...The Last Deadly Kiss
Now she rises from the dead to recreate the powerful vampire trio.
Summoned by Elena, he keeps a promise to her and fights the most terrifying evil he's ever faced.
Joining the brother he once called enemy, Damon battles this new...
Biometric Systems: Technology, Design and Performance Evaluation This book provides practitioners with an overview of the principles & methods needed to build reliable biometric systems. It covers 3 main topics: key biometric technologies, testing & management issues, & the legal and system considerations of biometric systems for personal verification/identification. It focuses on the 4 most widely... The Handbook of English for Specific Purposes
Featuring a collection of newly commissioned essays, edited by two leading scholars, this Handbook surveys the key research findings in the field of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). * Provides a state-of-the-art overview of the origins and evolution, current research, and future directions in ESP * Features newly-commissioned...