Beginning PivotTables in Excel 2007 explains what Pivot Tables are, how you can benefit from using them, how to create them and modify them, and how to use their enhanced features. Using a Pivot Table in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 is a quick and exciting way to slice and dice a large amount of data.
- Carefully explains the benefits of using Pivot Tables for fast data analysis
- Provides a step-by-step approach to those new to Pivot Tables
- Offers tips and tricks that cannot be found elsewhere
What you’ll learn
- Summarize thousands of records in a Pivot Table with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Quickly change the Pivot Table layout to view a different summary of the data.
- Filter a Pivot Table to focus on one region or the top 10 products.
- Add colors or icons to highlight the high or low results.
- Use calculations to enhance the Pivot Table summaries.
- Create visual impact with a pivot chart.
Who is this book for?
This book is for Excel users who want to learn about Pivot Tables. If you work with financial data, logistics records, sales orders, customer service reports, web site statistics, resource tracking, event planning, or any other set of records, a Pivot Table can help you review, analyze, monitor, and report on the data. When your reporting requirements change, you can make minor adjustments to the Pivot Table, instead of starting a worksheet summary from scratch.
About the Apress Beginning Series
The Beginning series from Apress is the right choice to get the information you need to land that crucial entry-level job. These books will teach you a standard and important technology from the ground up because they are explicitly designed to take you from ï¿½novice to professional.ï¿½ Youll start your journey by seeing what you need to knowbut without needless theory and filler. Youll build your skill set by learning how to put together real-world projects step by step. So whether your goal is your next career challenge or a new learning opportunity, the Beginning series from Apress will take you thereit is your trusted guide through unfamiliar territory!
Related Titles from Apress
About the Author
- Excel PivotTables Recipe Book: A Problem-Solution Approach
- Beginning Excel What-If Data Analysis Tools: Getting Started with Goal Seek, Data Tables, Scenarios, and Solver
- Beginning SharePoint with Excel: From Novice to Professional
- Excel 2007: Beyond the Manual
- Excel as Your Database
- Definitive Guide to Excel VBA, Second Edition
Debra Dalgleish is a computer consultant in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, serving local and international clients. Self-employed since 1985, she has extensive experience in designing complex Excel and Access applications, as well as sophisticated Word forms and documents. She has led hundreds of Microsoft Office corporate training sessions, from beginner to advanced level. In recognition of her contributions to the Excel newsgroups, she has received the Microsoft Office Excel MVP award each year since 2001. You can find a wide variety of Excel tips and tutorials, and sample files, on her Contextures website: www.contextures.com/tiptech.html.