The best-selling Evil Genius format provides hobbyists with a fun and inexpensive way to learn bionics via 25 complete projects. Once the focus of popular 70's TV, bionics (integrating mechanical and electronic materials with living matter) are being used more than ever to replace or repair physiological or anatomical functions or disorders.
THE EVIL GENIUS TACKLES BIONICS!
Step into the future -- (or the past, if you have a touch of Dr. Frankenstein in your soul) -- with these 25 incredibly cool bionic experiments! Demonstrating how life forms can be enhanced, combined, manipulated, and measured with electronic and mechanical components, these inexpensive projects from internationally renowned electronics guru Newton Braga provide hours of fun and learning.
Totally safe, Bionics for the Evil Genius guides you step by step through 25 complete, intriguing, yet low-cost projects developed especially for this book -- including an electric fish, a bat ear, a lie detector, an electronic nerve stimulator, a panic generator, and 20 other exciting bioelectric/mechanical projects!
BIONICS FOR THE EVIL GENIUS:
- Introduces you to bionics step-by-step -- you don't need to be a science whiz to get started, but you will be when you're finished
- Teaches all the skills you need, including how to solder, recognize components, and read schematics
- Provides complete lists of tools and parts for each project -- all of them inexpensive and easily obtained
- Vividly explains the biology, electronics, and mechanics underlying each project
- Gives you enjoyable step-by-step directions that build your skills, one small increment at a time
- Provides directions for 25 wild and wacky projects, including an electronic insect repellent, an animal conditioner, audio and visual biofeedback devices, white noise, and many more
- Helps you develop skills you can apply to other bionic and scientific projects
- Encourages you to go beyond the book's experiments -- they're intentionally designed to encourage your own unique creations
- Provides even more fun in the popular Evil Genius format
SUPER-COOL, INEXPENSIVE PROJECTS THAT TEACH BIONICS -- WHILE PROVIDING HOURS OF FUN!
About the Author
Newton C. Braga is one of the most famous electronics authors in the world. An educator and writer in computer science and related technologies, he has written over 70 books and contributed more than 2000 articles to magazines in Brazil, Spain, the United States, Portugal, Japan, Argentina, and other countries. His name is internationally synonymous with electronics, and McGraw-Hill is proud of his contributions to the popular Evil Genius series. Dr. Braga also wrote Mechatronics for the Evil Genius.