Student tested and approved!
If you suffer from math anxiety, then sign up for private tutoring with Bob Miller! Do logarithms, sines, and cosines leave you in a cold sweat? Vectors and derivatives send stress signals to your brain? If so, then you are like the many thousands of studentsstudents of all ages, all levelswho are anxious trying to master math. Particularly calculus. Luckily, there is a cure: Bob Miller's Calc for the Clueless! Like the teacher you always wished you had (but never thought existed), Bob Miller brings a combination of knowledge, empathy and fun to this often troubling subject. He breaks down the learning process in an easy, nontechnical way and builds it up again using his own unique methods. "Basically, the Clueless books are my notes. Exactly the way I teach: friendly, clear...with some humor and plenty of emotion!" Meant to bridge the gap between the student, the textbook, and the teacher, Calc for the Cluless is packed with all the information you need to conquer calc.
New for this second edition of Calc I are:
- Anxiety-reducing features on every page
- Quick-take methods that fit short study sessions (and short attention spans)
- More word problems
- Additional curve sketching problems plus added insights
- More complete explanation of the ellipse and hyperbola
- More detail on the integral theorems, with average value theorem added
- Plus, a new section on numerical approximation: Newton's method, trapezoidal method, parabolic method
- And more!
"I am always delighted when a student tells me that he or she hated math...but taking a class with me has made math understandable...even enjoyable." Now it's your turn. Sharpen your #2 pencils and let Bob Miller show you how to never be clueless again!
About the Author
Bob Miller (East Brunswick, NJ) has been a lecturer in Mathematics at City College of New York, a branch of the City University of New York, for more than twenty-eight years.