A comprehensive guide to understanding, implementing and extending the powerful and freely available application from Microsoft.
•Learn .NET architecture through building real world examples
•Understand, implement and extend the Community Starter Kit
•Learn to create and customize your own website
•Develop the confidence to implement and extend the system
•This book is written for ASP.NET developers with a sound grasp of C#
This book is a complete and practical guide helping you to deliver content rich community driven web sites based on the freely available ASP.NET Community Starter Kit from Microsoft. It is aimed at experienced ASP.NET developers with the responsibility of delivering robust and feature rich web sites, fast and effectively.
Microsoft's ASP.NET Community Starter Kit (CSK) is a powerful, freely-available application that allows you to quickly create a fully-featured community-driven web site, complete with article and news management, downloads, forums, and user handling.
What you will learn from this book
• Install and configure the CSK
• Find your way around the CSK’s towering range of features
• Create and administer community web sites
• Become familiar with the common CSK ASP.NET controls
• Customize your CSK site
• Discover the secrets of the CSK core architecture
• Explore the inner workings of CSK modules
• Extend the CSK by creating new modules
• Customize existing modules with Web controls
• Add an RSS feed to share your content with others
• Deploy your CSK Web site
This book has been written for ASP.NET developers with a sound grasp of C# and access to Visual Studio .NET. This book uses the Visual Studio. NET version of the ASP.NET Community Starter Kit