Improve profitability and operations in your company by leveraging BusinessObjects with help from this comprehensive guidebook. Divided into three digestible sections, Business Objects: The Complete Reference will help you get fully acquainted with this sophisticated tool set, design and build a user-friendly interface, then reap the rewards of reporting and analysis.
Learn how to align your implementation with business goals, define user segments, devise the best deployment strategy, and design and build your universe to ensure success. Finally, create reports that will help you explore and analyze data, make complex queries, and improve business decision-making and execution based on one of the leading business intelligence tools.
- Determine your goals and implement a BusinessObjects deployment strategy
- Use marketing techniques to boost BusinessObjects usage
- Create the appropriate business representation of your data warehouse or transaction database
- Enhance your universe with custom hierarchies and drill through to detail
- Design insightful reports using tables, charts, breaks, and formulas
- Access, analyze, and explore huge amounts of data to improve profitability and manage costs
- Translate a business question into an efficient query
- Customize the portal to create a simple Web-based dashboard