Authoritative guide to a rapidly growing Linux distribution
This is one of the first, if not the first comprehensive guide to the CentOS Linux operating system. Linux guru Tim Bornocyzyk, thoroughly covers the topic whether you're a Linux novice or a regular who now wants to master this increasingly popular distribution.
First find out how to install and configure CentOS. From there, you'll cover a wealth of Linux and CentOS tools, functions, and techniques, including: how to work in the GNOME and KDE desktop environments; how to use the Linux shell, file system, and text editor; how to configure CUPS printers, Samba for file and printer sharing and other features using GUI tools; and more.
- CentOS (Community ENTerprise Operating System) is a Linux operating system maintained by a small team of core developers based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Lead author Christopher Negus is the bestselling Linux author of such books as Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible and Linux 2009 Edition Bible; he is also a member of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux training team
- Tech edited by key member of the CentOS development team, Ralph Angenendt, and foreword written by lead CentOS developer, Karanbir Singh.
- Learn how to set up users, automate system tasks, back up and restore files, and prepare for the latest security issues and threats; also learn how to use and customize the desktop menus, icons, window manager, and xterm; and how to create and publish formatted documents
- Explores available Linux multimedia applications for graphics, audio, video and CD burning
- The DVD includes complete copy of the most current CentOS Distribution CentOS 5.3
For getting the most out of CentOS Linux, this is the book you need to succeed.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Sams Teach Yourself J2EE in 21 Days, Second Edition
J2EE has become required knowledge for any serious Java developer, but learning this large and complex specification requires a substantial investment of time and energy. Sams Teach Yourself J2EE in 21 Days presents the enterprise Java architecture in accessible, easy-to-comprehend lessons, describing how each J2EE tool solves the challenges of...
Sharing Expertise: Beyond Knowledge Management The field of knowledge management focuses on how organizations can most effectively store, manage, retrieve, and enlarge their intellectual properties. The repository view of knowledge management emphasizes the gathering, providing, and filtering of explicit knowledge. The information in a repository has the advantage of being easily transferable... The Secret History of Star Wars Star Wars is one of the most important cultural phenomena of the Western world. The tale of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker has become modern myth, an epic tragedy of the corruption of a young man in love into darkness, the rise of evil, and the power of good triumphing in the end. But it didn’t...
Network Safety: Network5 Safety Certification
Hacking and electronic crimes sophistication has grown at an exponential rate in recent years. In fact, recent
reports have indicated that cyber crime already surpasses the illegal drug trade! Unethical hackers better known
as black hats are preying on information systems of government, corporate, public, and private networks and
Floating Gate Devices: Operation and Compact Modeling The goal of this book is twofold. First, it explains the principles and physical mechanisms of Floating Gate device operations. Second, starting from a general overview on Compact Modeling issues, it illustrates features and details of a complete Compact Model of a Floating Gate device, the building block of Flash Memories, one of the...