This book provides a complete and comprehensive overview of 3G UMTS charging services
Evolving from offline billing of traditional telecommunications, charging for IP services in mobile networks is challenging; charging convergence is one of the major trends in the telecom industry. Advanced mobile telecommunications incorporates data applications with real-time control and management, and requires a convergent and flexible online charging system. Such convergence is essential to mitigate fraud and credit risks in order to provide more personalized information to users about charges and credit limit controls.
Charging for Mobile All-IP Telecommunications provides comprehensive and practical coverage of online and offline charging based on mobile operator experiences, and the latest efforts undertaken by the UMTS specifications.
- Presents a complete overview of the telecommunications charging system, including the evolution from 2G to 3G and all-IP network charging frameworks
- Discusses all management aspects related to charging and billing processes, with a focus on the major trends and developments within the telecoms industry
- Provides an overview of the telecom networks such as PSTN, GSM, UMTS and IMS
- Covers the concepts of the telecom charging on mobile services and the new technologies for implementing online charging system, such as GTP’ and Diameter protocol
- Contains coverage on network nodes and data flows in relation to charging of mobile applications, such as IMS call and content downloading
- Explains the IP-based online charging system, protocol details and recent trends in charging for mobile telecom industry
This book is an invaluable resource for graduate students, telecoms and IP engineers, network service providers and system architects. Information technologists and networking equipment manufacturers will also find this book insightful.
Read & Think Spanish, Premium Third Edition
Your first-class ticket to building key Spanish language skills
From the bestselling Read & Think series, this fully-illustrated third edition of Read & Think Spanish brings the Spanish language to life! In addition to introducing, developing, and growing key vocabulary, this book gives you an insider’s look at the...
Advanced Object Oriented Programming with Visual FoxPro 6.0 Anyone reading this forward foreword has to have an interest in object-oriented programming in Visual FoxPro. This is called ""natural selection"" in computer terms. Until now you could buy good FoxPro programming books and good (sometimes not-so-good) object-oriented programming books, but you couldn''t buy a good Visual FoxPro... Practicing Organization Development : A Guide for Consultants (J-B O-D) Practicing Organization Development, 2nd Edition
Since it was first published in 1995, Practicing Organization Development has become a classic in change management. In this completely revised and updated second edition, expert authors walk you through each episode of change facilitation.
The second edition is enhanced with...
Straight from the Hood: Amazing but True Gangster Tales
Many books have written about the black gangster. They have been, for the most part, lengthy tomes focusing on the kingpins of the gangland scene, gangsters with names like Nicky Barnes, Frank Lucas, Lorenzo Fat Cat Nichols and Kenneth Supreme McGiff. Yet there are many stories about the black gangsta that have not received much press...
Principles of Asynchronous Circuit Design: A Systems Perspective
Principles of Asynchronous Circuit Design - A Systems Perspective addresses the need for an introductory text on asynchronous circuit design. Part I is an 8-chapter tutorial which addresses the most important issues for the beginner, including how to think about asynchronous systems. Part II is a 4-chapter introduction to Balsa, a...