This book provides a complete and comprehensive overview of 3G UMTS charging services
Evolving from offline billing of traditional telecommunications, charging for IP services in mobile networks is challenging; charging convergence is one of the major trends in the telecom industry. Advanced mobile telecommunications incorporates data applications with real-time control and management, and requires a convergent and flexible online charging system. Such convergence is essential to mitigate fraud and credit risks in order to provide more personalized information to users about charges and credit limit controls.
Charging for Mobile All-IP Telecommunications provides comprehensive and practical coverage of online and offline charging based on mobile operator experiences, and the latest efforts undertaken by the UMTS specifications.
- Presents a complete overview of the telecommunications charging system, including the evolution from 2G to 3G and all-IP network charging frameworks
- Discusses all management aspects related to charging and billing processes, with a focus on the major trends and developments within the telecoms industry
- Provides an overview of the telecom networks such as PSTN, GSM, UMTS and IMS
- Covers the concepts of the telecom charging on mobile services and the new technologies for implementing online charging system, such as GTP’ and Diameter protocol
- Contains coverage on network nodes and data flows in relation to charging of mobile applications, such as IMS call and content downloading
- Explains the IP-based online charging system, protocol details and recent trends in charging for mobile telecom industry
This book is an invaluable resource for graduate students, telecoms and IP engineers, network service providers and system architects. Information technologists and networking equipment manufacturers will also find this book insightful.
BlackBerry Bold For Dummies
Set up your BlackBerry Bold, get online, get organized, and manage your life
The BlackBerry is the number one smartphone in the corporate world. Feature-rich and complex, the Bold is among the most popular handhelds for business users.
BlackBerry Bold For Dummies covers the GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile streaming, HSDPA...
Computational Studies, Nanotechnology, and Solution Thermodynamics of Polymer Systems This volume combines two symposia, Computational Polymer Science and Nanotechnology, and Solution Thermodynamics of Polymers, both held at the Southeastern Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, October 17-20, 1999, in Knoxville, Tennessee. Both symposia brought together leaders, pioneers, and promising...
Programming ArcObjects with VBA: A Task-Oriented Approach, Second Edition If you're ready to take your knowledge of ArcGIS to the next level, then you need to learn how to work with ArcObjects. But with thousands of objects, properties, and methods, how can you ever hope to sort through the ArcObjects model diagrams?
The first edition of Chang's Programming ArcObjects with VBA: A Task-Oriented Approach gave...
Excel Data Analysis For Dummies
Harness the power of Excel to discover what your numbers are hiding
Excel Data Analysis For Dummies, 2nd Edition is the ultimate guide to getting the most out of your data. Veteran Dummies author Stephen L. Nelson guides you through the basic and not-so-basic features of Excel to help you discover...