In Check Point Next Generation with Application Security Administration you will cover the basic concepts of security and how to configure a simple firewall all the way to some very advanced VPN scenarios. This book is written by experts in the field as well as certified instructors to give the depth desired by the most advanced users, but also to allow even the most basic administrator to learn the do’s and don’ts of security. It will instruct you on the capabilities and configurations of Check Point’s product line and it covers not only the basics of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1, but also the new features introduced in Check Point Next Generation with Application Intelligence R54, which provides proactive attack protection with SmartDefense.
- Install and Configure Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI: Install, configure and uninstall Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG AI on Windows, Solaris, Nokia, and SecurePlatform.
- Manage the FW-1 GUI Management Client, SmartDashboard: Use Smart Dashboard to manage objects, add rules, manage global properties, do updates, tracking, and monitor status.
- Learn to Write a Security Policy: See how to write, implement, and install a security policy.
- Secure Your Internal Network of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) Network: Use Network Address Translation (NAT) to protect your network, while at the same time conserving valuable IP address space.
- Implement User Authentication at Your Firewall: Use Check Point NG’s various authentication schemes to challenge users for their credentials.
- Learn About Check Point’s Open Platform for Security (OPSEC): OPSEC enables you to implement third-party vendor applications into your firewall environment.
- Configure Virtual Private Networks: Master encryption schemes and configure IKI VPNs and SecuRemote VPN.
- Secure Remote Clients: Use SecuRemote software package to control your remote users’ desktop security.
Fundamentals of X Programming: Graphical User Interfaces and Beyond This book provides an overview of the X Window System focusing on characteristics that have significant impact on the development of both application programs and widgets. We pay special attention to applications that go beyond graphical user interfaces (GUIs); therefore we discuss issues affecting video games, visualization and imaging programs,... Embedded Systems: Desktop Integration (Wordware Applications Library) In this book, we design a thermostat that interfaces to a host
system through RS-232, USB, and Ethernet. To make things fun,
the device layer and user applications have to run on Windows,
Linux, and FreeBSD. We build three prototype thermostats using
the BASIC Stamp, PIC Microcontroller, and PSOC Microcontroller.
FileMaker 12 In Depth
Welcome to the world of FileMaker. From the start, one of the most important
things to understand is that FileMaker is far more than just a database
FileMaker is nearly unique in the world of software. It is a powerful database
system that can manage and store a...
Micromachined Thin-Film Sensors for SOI-CMOS Co-Integration Co-integration of sensors with their associated electronics on a single silicon chip may provide many significant benefits regarding performance, reliability, miniaturization and process simplicity without significantly increasing the total cost.
Micromachined Thin-Film Sensors for SOI-CMOS Co-integration covers the challenges...
Reinforcement Learning and Approximate Dynamic Programming for Feedback Control
Modern day society relies on the operation of complex systems including aircraft, automobiles,
electric power systems, economic entities, business organizations, banking
and finance systems, computer networks, manufacturing systems, and industrial processes,
Decision and control are responsible for ensuring that these systems perform... Structural Analysis with Finite Elements
Structural Analysis with Finite Elements, 2nd Edition provides a solid introduction to the foundation and the application of the finite element method in structural analysis. It offers new theoretical insight and practical advice on why finite element results are 'wrong,' why support reactions are relatively accurate, why stresses at...