Now 100 percent updated for the latest technologies, this is today’s easiest, most visual guide to Cisco® networking. Even if you’ve never set up or managed a network, Cisco Networking Simplified
, Second Edition, helps you quickly master the concepts you need to understand. Its full-color diagrams and clear explanations give you the big picture: how each important networking technology works, what it can do for you, and how they all fit together. The authors illuminate networking from the smallest LANs to the largest enterprise infrastructures, offering practical introductions to key issues ranging from security to availability, mobility to virtualization.
What you always wanted to know about networking but were afraid to ask!
- How networks and the Internet work
- How to build coherent, cost-effective network infrastructures
- How to design networks for maximum reliability and availability
- What you need to know about data center and application networking
- How to secure networks against today’s threats and attacks
- How to take advantage of the latest mobility technologies
- How virtualizing networks can help businesses leverage their network investments even further
- How to combine messaging, calendaring, telephony, audio, video, and web conferencing into a unified communications architecture