Cisco Routers for the Small Business provides in plain English a no–nonsense approach to setting up all the features of the Cisco IOS for a small business using broadband technologies. This book explains how to use a Cisco router to setup cable modems, DSL and PPPoE, and explains how to configure NAT, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, DMZs and an IPSec VPN between two sites using advanced encryption. The chapters are tutorial based and provide easy to follow, step–by–step instructions for all tasks that small businesses need to perform using a router. Easy–to–implement example configurations are included in the appendices.
- Written for the small–business using common, broadband connections such as Cable internet and DSL.
- Provides easily–followed, step–by–step instructions for tasks that small businesses need to perform, such as configuring virtual private network (VPN) connections, creating firewalls, securing the router, and more.
- Contains appendixes with example configurations that are short, to the point, and dead–simple to implement.
What you’ll learn
- Securely configure Internet connections for your business using Cisco’s IOS command–language.
- Create virtual private networks (VPNs) that bring remote offices and employees onto your network, safely, via standard DSL and Cable Internet connections.
- Set up network address translation (NAT) routing so that your in–office computers are effectively invisible to outside intruders.
- Back up and recover your router configuration.
- Create “demilitarized zones” (DMZs) in support of servers that you wish to make accessible from outside your more secure, internal network.
- Protect your email server from attack using Cisco’s Email Inspection Engine.
Who is this book for?
Cisco Routers for the Small Business is intended for Network Administrators, Power–users, and I.T. Professionals who support small business networks.
About the Author
Jason Neumann has been professionally involved in computer networking for over twenty years and has been working with Cisco routers for more than ten of those years. Jason is the owner of LAN Technologies LLC, a small networking company which provides Local and Wide Area Network solutions and support to small businesses using high end operating systems including: The Cisco IOS, Microsoft, Linux, and BSD UNIX. He holds many credentials from industry leaders including Cisco, Microsoft, Novell and others.