"Communication Systems for the Mobile Information Society" not only contains a technical description of the different wireless systems available today, but also explains the thoughts that are behind the different mechanisms and implementations; not only the 'how' but also the 'why' is in focus. Thus the advantages and also limitations of each technology become apparent.
- Provides readers with a solid introduction to major global wireless standards and compares the different wireless technologies and their applications
- Describes the different systems based on the standards, their practical implementation and why they were designed the way they are
- The performance and capacity of each system in practice is analyzed and explained, accompanied with practical tips on how to discover the functionality of different networks by the readers themselves
- Questions at the end of each chapter and answers on the accompanying website make this book ideal for self study or as course material
- Illustrated with many realistic examples of how mobile people can stay in touch with other people, the Internet and their corporate intranet
This book is an essential resource for telecommunication engineers, professionals and computer science and electrical engineering students who want to get a thorough end-to-end understanding of the different technical concepts of the systems on the market today.
About the Author
Martin Sauter is a research and development engineer with Nortel Networks. His current position is GSM-R Solution Consultant, responsible for end-to-end project solutions. He has extensive knowledge of GPRS and UMTS networks and holds a Dipl. Ing. (FH) from the Technische Informatik at the University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg, Germany.
The All-New Switch Book: The Complete Guide to LAN Switching Technology The much-anticipated update to the bestselling book on LAN switching
Since the publication of the first edition of The Switch Book seven years ago, LAN switching has witnessed significant changes, particularly in the areas of network layers, Ethernet, fast Ethernet, segmenting LANs, layer 3 switching, layer 4 switching, and multi-layer...
Windows 8 Administration Pocket Consultant
Writing Windows 8 Administration Pocket Consultant was a lot of fun—and a
lot of work. As I set out to write this book, my initial goals were to determine
how Windows 8 was different from its predecessors and what new features and
were available. As with any new operating system, I had to do a...
Electrochemical Nanotechnologies (Nanostructure Science and Technology)
In this book, the term "electrochemical nanotechnology" is defined as nanoprocessing by means of electrochemical techniques. This introductory book reviews the application of electrochemical nanotechnologies with the aim of understanding their wider applicability in evolving nanoindustries. These advances have impacted...