Compressed Video Communications addresses the compression and transmission of coded video streams over mobile IP networks. By analysing a broad spectrum of compression techniques and error resilience algorithms this book provides realistic solutions to the problems of quality degradation and transmission error.
- Discussion of the real-time transmission of coded video streams over mobile IP packet networks such as GPRS and UMTS, at both application and transport level.
- Descriptions of relevant rate control schemes such as bit rate regulation, scaleability and resolution reduction.
- Evaluation of the performance of compression techniques and comparison of available video coding standards.
- Comprehensive overview of homogeneous and heterogeneous video transcoding algorithms and error resilient transcoders.
- Examination of error control in video communications including coverage of error resilience and decoder-based error concealment.
- Accompanying CD-ROM containing 50 video clips illustrating the temporal and spatial quality achieved by the compression techniques outlined in the text.
Highlighting the quality of service issues associated with transmission over mobile networks, Compressed Video Communication
s is an essential guide for communications engineers and multimedia systems designers. This overview of the basic technologies and applications of digital video compression will also appeal to researchers and graduate students in the field.
Wireless Crash Course, Second Edition The Best Introduction to Wireless--Completely Revised and Updated
Get a complete overview of the rapidly evolving field of wireless telecommunications, including the basics of wireless networks, essential technologies, applications, and markets. The new, completely updated edition of this practical resource offers clear, easy-to-follow...
Introduction to Computational Biology: An Evolutionary Approach In 1982, the first release of the GenBank sequence database contained 601,438 residues. By 2005, this number had grown beyond and continues to increase exponentially. Far from regarding this as “information overload”, we believe the free availability of so much precise and fundamental data on the ultimate constituents of life to be the...
Irritant dermatitis is a common condition, accounting for a significant proportion of occupational skin disease. The recent advent of non-invasive skin bioengineering technology has accelerated dermatology research in this field. This book comprises an exhaustive reference text on irritant contact dermatitis, covering all aspects of the...
Security was, is, and will be one of the most important aspects of Enterprise Applications and one of the most challenging areas for architects, developers, and administrators. It is mandatory for Java EE application developers to secure their enterprise applications using Glassfish security features.
Learn to secure Java EE...
Clearly Visual Basic: Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2010
Clearly Visual Basic: Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2010, Second Edition is designed
for a beginning programming course. The book assumes students have no previous
programming knowledge or experience. However, students should be familiar with basic
Windows skills and file management. The book’s primary focus is on...