This book covers every skill measured by the latest A+ Exams including:
- Understanding all essential PC terminology, concepts, internal components, and peripherals
- Installing, upgrading, configuring, and optimizing PC components
- Troubleshooting hardware and performing essential preventive maintenance
- Mastering today’s best practices for professionalism and client communications
- Managing storage, printers, and scanners
- Maintaining laptops and other portable devices
- Performing advanced component installation, upgrade, and troubleshooting
- Installing, upgrading, repairing, and optimizing all Windows operating systems covered on the A+ exams
- Securing PCs and safeguarding their contents against data loss
- Setting up networks and troubleshooting network connectivity issues
- Understanding and managing computer-related safety and environmental issues
About the Author
Charles J. Brooks is currently co-owner and vice president of Educational Technologies Group, Inc., as well as co-owner of eITPrep, LLP, an online training company. He is in charge of research and product development at both organizations. A former electronics instructor and technical writer with the National Education Corporation, Charles taught and wrote on postsecondary EET curriculum, including introductory electronics, transistor theory, linear integrated circuits, basic digital theory, industrial electronics, microprocessors, and computer peripherals. Charles is the author of several books, including the first five editions of A+ Certification Training Guide, The Complete Introductory Computer Course, and IBM PC Peripheral Troubleshooting & Repair. He currently writes about networking, residential technology integration, and convergence.
David L. Prowse is currently a network security engineer and is the creator of Guru Computer Training, Inc., a web-based training company. In his spare time over the past decade, he has managed to train more than 2,000 A+ students with great success. A former coder, David enjoys bringing the “hyper technical” to the table, while keeping the reading experience enjoyable. He is the author of the Exam Cram Network+ Lab Manual, which has been showered with excellent reviews. David has also worked as the technical editor on half a dozen Exam Cram projects.