This comprehensive study guide thoroughly covers the CompTIA RFID+ exam, the only certification offered for radio frequency identification (RFID), the technology that is rapidly gaining popularity and is expected to completely replace bar codes. Your study will focus on interrogation zone basics, testing and troubleshooting, standards and regulations, tag knowledge, design selection, installation, site analysis, RF physics, and RFID peripherals. The accompnaying CD-ROM provides two bonus exams, a detailed glossary of terms, and a searchable PDF of the book.
Prepare for certification and acquire the skills you need in a fast-developing career field with this in-depth guide to CompTIA's new RFID+ (RF0-001) exam. Inside you'll find:
- Practical and comprehensive coverage on installing, testing, and troubleshooting RFID
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Real-world scenarios that show you life beyond the classroom and put what you've learned in the context of actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature at the end of each chapter that identifies critical areas and skills you must become proficient in before taking exam RF0-001
About the Authors
Patrick J. Sweeney II is the president and CEO of ODIN Technologies and one of the foremost authorities on RFID. He holds patents specific to the design and testing of RFID systems and is the author of RFID For Dummies. He is responsible for the largest RFID deployment in the world for the U.S. Department of Defense's Defense Distribution Centers. He speaks frequently on the subject of RFID and entrepreneurship and is often quoted in magazines and industry trade publications.
Eva Zeisel is one of the foremost authorities on training and education in RFID. She was an instrumental figure in helping to set standards and drive quality in the RFID certification process. This is the second book on training she has co-written.