Home | Amazing | Today | Tags | Publishers | Years | Account | Search 
Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective (2nd Edition)

Buy

This book (CS:APP) is for computer scientists, computer engineers, and others

who want to be able to write better programs by learning what is going on “under the hood” of a computer system.

Our aim is to explain the enduring concepts underlying all computer systems, and to show you the concrete ways that these ideas affect the correctness, performance, and utility of your application programs. Other systems books are written from a builder’s perspective, describing how to implement the hardware or the systems software, including the operating system, compiler, and network interface.

This book is written from a programmer’s perspective, describing how application programmers can use their knowledge of a system to write better programs. Of course, learning what a system is supposed to do provides a good first step in learning how to build one, and so this book also serves as a valuable introduction to those who go on to implement systems hardware and software.

If you study and learn the concepts in this book, you will be on your way to becoming the rare “power programmer” who knows how things work and how to fix them when they break. Our aim is to present the fundamental concepts in ways that you will find useful right away.You will also be prepared to delve deeper, studying such topics as compilers, computer architecture, operating systems, embedded systems, and networking.

 

For Computer Systems, Computer Organization and Architecture courses in CS, EE, and ECE departments.


Few students studying computer science or computer engineering will ever have the opportunity to build a computer system. On the other hand, most students will be required to use and program computers on a near daily basis. Computer Systems: A Programmer’s Perspective introduces the important and enduring concepts that underlie computer systems by showing how these ideas affect the correctness, performance, and utility of application programs. The text's hands-on approach (including a comprehensive set of labs) helps students understand the “under-the-hood” operation of a modern computer system and prepares them for future courses in systems topics such as compilers, computer architecture, operating systems, and networking.

Visit the CSS:AP web page http://csapp.cs.cmu.edu for more information and resources.

(HTML tags aren't allowed.)

Software Development: Building Reliable Systems
Software Development: Building Reliable Systems

80% of software projects fail -- here’s why the other 20% succeed!

Software Development is the most thorough, realistic guide to "what works" in software development - and how to make it happen in your organization. Leading consultant Marc Hamilton tackles all three key components of...

Advanced Data Structures
Advanced Data Structures
Advanced Data Structures presents a comprehensive look at the ideas, analysis, and implementation details of data structures as a specialized topic in applied algorithms. Data structures are how data is stored within a computer, and how one can go about searching for data within. This text examines efficient ways to search and update sets of...
Data Structures & Algorithms Interview Questions You'll Most Likely Be Asked
Data Structures & Algorithms Interview Questions You'll Most Likely Be Asked

Data Structures and Algorithms Interview Questions You'll Most Likely Be Asked is a perfect companion to stand ahead above the rest in today’s competitive job market. Rather than going through comprehensive, textbook-sized reference guides, this book includes only the information required immediately for job search to build an IT...


Eclipse
Eclipse

Welcome to Eclipse, today's premiere Java™ Integrated development environment (IDE). Eclipse is an extraordinary tool, and it fills a long-standing need among Java developers—no longer do you have to suffer through pages of errors scrolling off the screen while using command-line Java compilers. Now you've got an...

Thinking in Java (4th Edition)
Thinking in Java (4th Edition)

Thinking in Java has earned raves from programmers worldwide for its extraordinary clarity, careful organization, and small, direct programming examples. From the fundamentals of Java syntax to its most advanced features, Thinking in Java is designed to teach, one simple step at a time.

...
Compiler Construction Using Java, JavaCC, and Yacc
Compiler Construction Using Java, JavaCC, and Yacc

Broad in scope, involving theory, the application of that theory, and programming technology, compiler construction is a moving target, with constant advances in compiler technology taking place. Today, a renewed focus on do-it-yourself programming makes a quality textbook on compilers, that both students and instructors will enjoy using, of...

©2019 LearnIT (support@pdfchm.net) - Privacy Policy