Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure on the Internet provides a thorough overview of the subject. It explains how susceptible networks are to hacking and how cryptography can help. This comprehensive and practical guide covers:
* Public Key Infrastructures (PKIs); important when using cryptography in a large organisation,
* the difference between the SSL protocol and the IPSec standard,
* integration of cryptography into the different OSI-layers, and how to decide whether hardware or software solutions are the right means to achieve this.
The book also includes sections on::
* elliptic curve cryptography
* chip cards
* algorithm modes and protocols - including SSL, TLS, IPSec, SMIME and PGP protocols
* cryptography's connection with biometry (using biological characteristics for authentication purposes).
Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure on the Internet is an indispensable guide for all levels of reader. It contains valuable reference material about statutes and standards affecting encryption, which companies are active in the market, and a reference guide to people, organisations, books and websites to go to for further information.
Automobillogistik: Stand und Zukunftstrends (German Edition)
Mit diesem Herausgeberwerk starten wir ein neues Buchprojekt, das ein „Spin-off“ des
Klassikers „Logistik der Zukunft – Logistics for the Future“ (sechste Auflage 2012) bildet.
Für die Anwendung der Zukunftsforschung in der Logistik ist die Automobilwirtschaft
eine besonders interessante Branche. So... TCP/IP Foundations
The world of IT is always evolving, but in every area there are stable, core concepts that anyone just setting out needed to know last year, needs to know this year, and will still need to know next year. The purpose of the Foundations series is to identify these concepts and present them in a way that gives you the strongest...
Getting Started with Oracle VM VirtualBox
Build your own virtual environment from scratch using VirtualBox
Learn how to install, configure, and manage VirtualBox
A step-by-step guide which will teach you how to build your own virtual environment from scratch
Discover advanced features of VirtualBox...
Putting Your Small Business on the Web
Targeted for small business owners interested in how the Web can extend their business reach and profitability, this book explains how to create an online presence for an existing small business. Many business owners want to become part of the e-commerce revolution, but have unrealistic expectations that a Web site will instantly perform...
HP-UX Virtual Partitions
vPars: The breakthrough solution for maximizing HP 9000 utilization, flexibility, and manageability.
- The authoritative guide to breakthrough Virtual Partitions (vPars) technology for HP-UX
- Transform virtually any HP 9000 into multiple "virtual" computers
- Includes practical examples and...