Get in-depth technical guidance for deploying a security-enhanced wireless network for your corporate, public, or small business network—direct form the Microsoft Windows Networking and Communications team. This essential reference details the latest IEEE 802.11 and related technologies for public and private wireless LANs, including the new Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) standard. You’ll learn how to design and deploy an authentication infrastructure—including how to configure clients, Internet Authentication Service (IAS) servers, Active Directory directory service users and groups, certificate services, wireless access points, and other components—using best practices and real-world troubleshooting tactics from the extensive wireless LAN deployment at Microsoft.
Get the technical drill-down you need to:
- Configure wireless client support for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000
- Build the authentication infrastructure—including IAS RADIUS servers and proxies, Active Directory users and groups, and a public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Determine the placement of wireless access points
- Configure a Windows PKI to issue certificates for authentication of wireless access
- Use the EAP-TLS or PEAP0MS-CHAP v2 authentication protocols to help maximize security for a wireless intranet
- Design wireless intranets for business partners, cross-forest authentication, or large-scale deployment
- Help mitigate network attacks by using the new Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) and Michael features of WPA
- Troubleshoot Windows wireless clients, wireless access points, and the authentication infrastructure
Microbial Genomics and Drug Discovery
Exploring innovative routes of drug discovery in the postgenomic era, Microbial Genomics and Drug Discovery examines bioinformatic and genomic approaches for the identification, detection, selection, and validation of new antibacterial targets and vaccine candidates. The book discusses potential pathways for effective infection control,...
Universal Mandelbrot Set: Beginning of the Story This book is devoted to the structure of Mandelbrot set - a remarkable and important personage of the modern theoretical physics, related to chaos and fractals and simultaneously to analytical functions, Riemann surfaces and phase transitions. This makes Mandelbrot set one of the bridges connecting the worlds of chaos and order (integrability). At...
Linear Programming: An Introduction with Applications
This book is aimed at freshman, sophomores, and juniors in college who
are even remotely interested in some of the current applications of
mathematics to the real world. The difficulty with most of the other linear
programming books on the market is that they are high end books, written
primarily in a fairly rigorous fashion... wxPython 2.8 Application Development Cookbook
In today's world of desktop applications, there is a great amount of incentive to be able to develop applications that can run in more than one environment. Currently, there are a handful of options available for cross-platform frameworks to develop desktop applications in Python. wxPython is one such cross-platform GUI toolkit for the...
Software Engineering Reviews and Audits
I have worked in systems engineering, software development, software configuration management, software testing, and software quality assurance organizations for more than 30 years. My experience in these selected fields has been somewhat different from that of most people. I always wanted to experience the software disciplines required in...