Cisco authorized self-study book for CCDA foundation learning
* Prepare for CCDA certification while mastering the network design process
* Learn to characterize existing networks and determine new customer requirements
* Develop appropriate network topologies for various environments
* Design device naming schemes and IP and IPX addressing schemes
* Understand how to select the best routing and bridging protocols and provision software features and hardware for LANs and WANs
* Learn how to create design documents and build prototypes and pilots
* Optimize your network with valuable information on PIX(r) firewalls, router performance, ISDN, and Windows(r) NT
Designing Cisco Networks is a Cisco authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCDA exam 640-441. It teaches you how to become proficient in network design methodologies. Created for those seeking to attain CCDA certification as well as networking professionals seeking an introduction to networking design concepts, this book focuses on small to medium-sized networks. It provides a step-by-step process to follow when designing internetworks to ensure that all important issues are considered, resulting in optimal network design. By using this book, you will be able to identify customer needs, design LAN and WAN network structures, create network management strategies, write design documents, and build and test prototypes and pilots.
Filled with case studies, procedures, charts, and checklists, Designing Cisco Networks will help you understand how to analyze and solve existing network problems while building a framework that supports the functionality, performance, and scalability required of any given environment. Self-assessment through exercises and chapter-ending tests starts you down the path for attaining your CCDA certification.
Designing Cisco Networks is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that can include simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit cisco/go/authorizedtraining.
About the Author
Diane Teare is the director of e-learning for Global Knowledge, the largest Cisco authorized learning partner. Diane has more than 17 years of experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of network hardware and software. She also has been involved in teaching, course design, and project management. Diane is the course directory/master instructor for the BSCI and DCN courses at Global Knowledge (Canada).