Take control of your global game development team and make successful AAA game titles using the 'Distributed Development' model. Game industry veteran Tim Fields teaches you how to evaluate game deals, how to staff teams for highly distributed game development, and how to maintain challenging relationships in order to get great games to market. This book is filled with interviews with a broad spectrum of industry experts from top game publishers and business owners in the US and UK. A supplementary web site provides interviews from the book, a forum where developers and publishers can connect, and additional tips and tricks. Topics include:
- Building a core team that excels at working with external development partners.
- Finding and Evaluating studios and publishers to help get your game built.
- Effectively dividing up game projects into parts that can be distributed.
- Saving your teams from the brutality of crunch.
- Running your projects more efficiently and achieve better results.
- Includes interviews with game producers from Sony Online Entertainment, Disney Online, Blue Castle Games, Firebrand Games, Aspyr Games, and 2K Sports.