The fourth edition of this best-selling title gives a complete overview of the electronic commerce environment. It has been revised and completely updated to reflect the most recent trends in e-commerce, including new material on security technologies, server options, enterprise applications, and investing online. Covering everything from fundamental security technologies to future trends, this comprehensive guide will provide you with a thorough knowledge of electronic commerce and the tools needed to conduct business on the Internet.
- New material on mobile electronic commerce, security technologies, server options, enterprise applications, investing online, smart cards, EDI, intellectual property issues, and supply chain management
- Discusses security protocols, e.g., SSL, Java solutions and digital signatures
- A thorough discussion of various Internet security issues, e.g., SSL, S-HTTP, Java security, WAP, routers, firewalls, and public key encryption
- Vignettes, sidebars, and case studies apply theory to practical examples
- Includes a comprehensive glossary, EDI transaction codes, and e-commerce online resources