Ethernet Networks, Fourth Edition, provides everything you need to know to plan, implement, manage and upgrade Ethernet networks.
This indispensable resource features up-to-date coverage of:
- Improve your skills in employing Ethernet hubs, switches, and routers.
- Learn how to set up and operate a wireless Local Area Network (LAN).
- Discover how to extend a wired Ethernet via wireless LANs.
- Understand cabling standards and the role of NEXT (Near End Crosstalk), FEXT (Far End Crosstalk) and other transmission parameters.
- Profit from Gilbert Held's tips and tricks on enhancing security
……and much more.
Network planners, administrators, and system engineers working with Ethernet networks will find Ethernet Networks, Fourth Edition, an invaluable tool for implementing, updating, and managing their networks.
- wireless Ethernet (IEEE802.11 standards)
- 10Gbps Ethernet
- firewalls in both a wired and wireless environment
- AAA (authentication, authorization and accounting)
- the operation of new versions of Windows® on Ethernet LANs
- the use of LAN switches at and above layer 2 in the ISO reference model
- copper and fiber optic cable to transport high speed Ethernet.
About the Author
GILBERT HELD is an internationally known award winning author and teacher with over 30 years experience in managing large networks.
The Cichlids Yearbook Volume 2
No less than eighteen authors have put together the second volume of the cichlids yearbook. It was pleasing that almost all contributors to the first volume were able to write down another piece of their knowledge and experience in this one. In addition eight new authors have written for this volume. Another pleasing fact is that Horst Walter...
Ever wondered how all the great-looking, feature packed, amazing Joomla! sites are made? Would you like to add image transitions, popups, scrolls, AJAX forms, image galleries, no-page reloads to your website, but are worried that they will be difficult to implement? To make any Joomla! site look more professional, interactive, and interesting...
Advanced Vibrations: A Modern Approach
This book is for designers, partition engineers, and student of engineering. It introduces
the fundamental knowledge used in mechanical vibrations. This knowledge
can be utilized to develop computer programs for analyzing, designing, and optimization
of vibration problems in industrial systems.
Vibrations have been...
Deja Review Obstetrics & Gynecology
“Flash cards in a book” for the Obstetrics & Gynecology shelf-exam and the USMLE Step 2 CK -- written by students, for students
". . . well organized and an easy read for the medical student looking to get a concise review on relevant content, material, and concepts tested on the USMLE Step...
Advanced Photoshop Elements 4.0 for Digital Photographers Once you have mastered the basics, this is the book to further develop your skills to get professional results with this affordable software. Under Philips expert guidance you will be taken to the next level, far beyond Elements basic concepts and skills so you can achieve the optimum results from this powerful package.
Computer Sciences: Macmillan Science Library
The science of computing has come a long way since the late 1930s, when
John Vincent Atanasoff and Clifford Berry began work on the first electronic
digital computer. One marvels to see how the science has advanced
from the days of Charles Babbage, who developed the Difference Engine
in the 1820s, and, later proposed the...