If you’re an Excel user seeking more control over your spreadsheets, or if you are developing Excel applications for others, this comprehensive volume provides what you need to maximize VBA flexibility in the Excel environment. Fully revised and updated, it focuses exclusively on VBA for Excel and provides appropriate information for beginners, Excel programmers, and advanced developers alike.
Packed with examples, code, and screenshots where applicable, this clearly organized reference meets you at the level of your experience and takes you to the next level. From a complete Excel VBA primer to internationalization, advanced debugging techniques, and programming the VB editor, this is your one-stop reference for Excel VBA programming.
What you will learn from this book
- Object-oriented theory and VBA for Excel
- Ways to set up applications and convert them to add-ins
- How to use VB6 and VB.NET with Excel
- Programming to the Windows® API
- Advanced error handling and debugging methods
- Essentials of SQL® as it applies to accessing data with ADO
- Interaction with other Office applications and databases
- How to access extensive reference material in downloadable, searchable format
Who this book is for
This book is for Excel users and programmers from beginning to advanced. You need a reasonable working knowledge of Excel and a full installation of the software.
Wrox Programmer’s References are designed to give the experienced developer straight facts on a new technology, without hype or unnecessary explanations. They deliver hard information with plenty of practical examples to help you apply new tools to your development projects today.