Essential Skills for First-Time Designers
Create beautiful artwork and Web graphics--even if you're a newcomer to graphic design. Cover the basics--vector drawing tools, bitmap image editing, and animation files--then learn all the powerful tools and features of Fireworks MX. Create Web-ready graphics including buttons, banners, and backgrounds. Work with text. Integrate with all the major Web applications, including Dreamweaver and Macromedia Flash. Author Kim Cavanaugh leads you through a step-by-step program designed to help you discover how Fireworks works independently as a powerful graphic design tool or in concert with other programs to create visually stunning Web pages. Covers both Windows and Macintosh OS X versions of Fireworks MX.
This Beginner's Guide is Designed for Easy Learning:
About the Author
- Modules--Each concept is divided into logical modules (chapters), ideal for individualized learning
- Goals--Each module opens with the specific skills you'll have by the end of the module
- Ask the Experts--Q&A sections throughout are filled with extra information and interesting commentary
- 1-Minute Drills--Quick self-assessment sections to check your progress
- Projects--Exercises contained in each module show how to apply what you are learning
- Mastery Checks--End-of-module reviews that test your knowledge using short-answer, multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and simple coding questions
Kim Cavanaugh (West Palm Beach, FL) is the Technology Coordinator and Web Design Instructor at Congress Middle School of Math/Science/Technology. In 1999, Cavanaugh developed a groundbreaking course in Web design by teaching the three primary Web authoring titles from Macromedia (Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks) to middle school students. The lessons presented in this book are a result of his vast experience as trainer, teacher, and curriculum developer.