Anyone who uses Blender needs this book. Blender users know that it can be used for modeling, animation, and rendering, but it can also be used as a fully functional compositing and post-production application. This book explores Blender's use as a compositing and post-production tool in the video and film production pipeline. In this book, you will learn how to:
- Create and apply masks and special effects in Blender
- Composite images using Blender's Node-based Compositor
- Sequence and overlay video and audio using Blender's Non-Linear Editor
What you'll learn
This book provides concise yet step-by-step examples on using all of the power of Blender to provide a complete post-production workbench. Specifically, this book shows you how to:
- Create Masks and Rotoscope video
- Texture mattes and video planes
- Composite any image or render with other images
- Introduce special effects, such as blur, smoke, and light.
- Add titles and text, mixes, fades, wipes and splices
- Remove Green Screen and composite CG with live action shots
- Assemble all the shots and audio into a completed movie
Who is this book for?
Film and video professionals and enthusiasts interested in an open source alternative to commercial compositing and video effects software like AfterEffects, Fusion, and Shake.