Connect with millions of new donors instantly
Looking for a new, fun, and effective way to raise funds? Now you can use the world’s largest online marketplace to raise both cash and awareness for your nonprofit or charitable cause with help from this invaluable how-to guide. Fundraising on eBay is filled with proven tips for leveraging eBay’s 160 million registered users to reach new donors, maximizing the value of donated items, and converting in-kind gifts into cash quickly and easily.
Get step-by-step instructions for planning a highly profitable fundraiser, managing inventory, recording feedback, and protecting your customers’ personal information. Whether or not you have previous experience selling on eBay, this hands-on guide will show you how running an eBay fundraising event is more than just good will--it’s good for business too.
- Organize a one-of-a-kind celebrity auction event
- Create sales descriptions that attract buyers
- Put experiences, gift certificates, travel tickets, and other specialty items up for sale
- Convert in-kind donations quickly and easily into cash
- Expand the reach of solicitation efforts to bring in new donors
- Develop corporate partnerships and participate in cause-related marketing programs
- Cultivate your donor base by providing good customer support
Featuring success stories from high-profile groups including the U.S. Fund for UNICEF and the Starlight Starbright Foundation
About the Author
Greg Holden is the author of more than 30 books, including the bestselling How to Do Everything with Your eBay Business. He has written extensively about eBay, online auctions, and e-commerce.
Jill Finlayson worked at eBay as a senior category manager for Toys, Dolls, Hobbies, and Crafts, growing the category to more than $1.5 billion annually, and was a founding co-foundedmember of the first eBay Foundation Governance Committee. She currently oversees curriculum and training materials for M Networks courses and seminars on starting and running effective online businesses.