Whether you are using a digital compact or dSLR camera to shoot, or a Mac or PC to manipulate your images, Joe Farace explains what products are out thereand how to use them to get the best shots.
While most books offer photographers tips and tricks for working with the latest software package, this book offers a new approach to working with digital images:
Learn how to use digital imaging tools not just a particular software package to produce professional prints or digital images for the web.
Getting Started with Digital Imaging offers a new approach for amateur photographers working with digital images. It takes you behind the screens, showing you how to use the tools - not the software itself - to produce professional prints or digital images for the Web.
Joe Farace guides you through the entire digital workflow, from choosing the right digital camera, setting up your digital darkroom, learning the key imaging tools and shortcuts, understanding file formats, printing and preparing images for the web.
Packed with step-by-step tutorials, case studies and invaluable tips from the pros, this guide will help you get to grips with digital imaging and produce fantastic results in no time at all.
* Guides you through digital workflow from capture to output
* Relevant for ALL digital imaging software
* Real world examples and invaluable tips are clearly explained with high quality full color images and screengrabs
* Get the most out of the digital imaging tools you have without the need to upgrade
* Streamline your digital photography workflow
* Packed with step-by-step tutorials, fully illustrated real world examples, and tips from the pros
About the Author
Author of more than 25 books and over 1600 magazine articles, Joe Farace has been a regular contributor to Shutterbug magazine since 1994 with his Digital Innovations and Web Profiles columns. He was the original editor of eDigitalPhoto magazine and contributes to magazines such as Photo District News and PHOTO Techniques. He holds workshops and seminars at FOTOfusion, Palm Beach Photo Workshop, Shutterbug and Popular Photography and Imaging, has spoken at the PPA national events and New England Council of Camera Club's annual conference.