IBM Business On Demand Series: Your business blueprint for leveraging the grid computing revolution.
When you turn on the light, the power grid delivers exactly what you need, instantly. What if computers and networks could work that way? Now they can...and that will transform the way you do business. Grid Computing is about the "Business on Demand" revolution: delivering the exact technology resources you need, anywhere, anytime, without complexity or high cost. You can do it all, starting right now, starting with your existing systems. Whether you're an executive, strategist, architect, technologist, or developer, this book will show you how.
- Master the fundamental concepts underlying grid and utility computing
- Learn how to start and which applications to start with
- Understand the state-of-the-art in technologies and standards
- Use grid computing to maximize the value of existing resources
- Build more flexible, resilient, and available operational infrastructures
- Deliver instantaneous access to data and resources on a "sense and respond" basis
- Eliminate the burden of administering disparate, non-integrated systems
In Grid Computing, leading IBM experts bring together best deployment practices, practical guidance on integrating existing resources, and up-to-the-minute case studies: all you need to drive business value from the grid computing revolution.
About the Author
JOSHY JOSEPH, Lead Developer in the IBM Systems Group Advanced Technologies organization, specializes in grid computing, autonomic computing, utility computing, and Web services. He is the author of several publications on Open Grid Services Infrastructure (OGSI) and Web services, and he is actively involved in the Globus Grid Computing project.
CRAIG FELLENSTEIN, Chief Architect and Executive Consultant for IBM Global Services Network Services, has worked with key IBM global customers to deploy very large infrastructures, Next Generation Web Services, and strategic service provider solutions. He is senior networking strategist for IBM's Business On Demand initiatives. He also wrote Business On Demand: Technology and Strategy Perspectives.