Find out if your system is vulnerable to hack attacks!
"The coverage of security topics in this book can help you avoid a hack attack."
— Stuart McClure
"To catch a thief, think like a thief." Here’s the guide that will help you do just that! It shows you how to become a "white hat hacker," exploring your own system for vulnerabilities the unscrupulous hacker could exploit. And it’s loaded with tips, suggestions, and recommendations to help you plug any holes you find.
The Dummies Way
- Explanations in plain English
- "Get in, get out" information
- Icons and other navigational aids
- Tear-out cheat sheet
- Top ten lists
- A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
About the Author
- Recognize and counter common hack attacks
- Gain support for your security plan
- Test the security of Windows®, Linux®, NetWare®, and more
- Report your finds to upper management
- Protect your network infrastructure
Kevin Beaver is a consultant who specializes in security assessments and incident response. He is a regular columnist and expert advisor for SearchSecurity.com and SearchMobileComputing.com.