HackNotes Network Security Portable Reference gives you step-by-step details of intrusion tactics, tools, and actual techniques being used by hackers and criminals today to break into computer networks. Understand how the attacks work, then learn how to assess and strengthen your systems through a series of tested and trusted anti-hacking methods, bulletproof best practices, and code level techniques. Use the unique Reference Center in the middle of the book to access key information, including default passwords, common port numbers, system commands, reference links, the top security assessment and hacker tools, and more.
- Use information security and risk assessment principles
- Guard against common network threats and vulnerabilities
- Understand hacker tactics and methods seen on the Internet and intranet
- Protect common hacker and criminal targets
- Conduct best practice security checks and hardening steps for your systems
- Implement wireless security, Web application security, incident response, and more
- Reference operating system and security specific commands
- Access and utilize the best security and hacker tools in use today
- Focus on the techniques, results, and remediation for a wide range of exploits
- Protect networks, software code, e-commerce, and more
Full color, completely current, and packed with practical applications, the sixth edition of the market-leading RETAILING delivers the inside track to the fast-moving retail industry. RETAILING is written by one of the most seasoned author teams in the market. Professor Dunne has more than 40 years of university teaching experience, nine...
Mastering Your PhD: Survival and Success in the Doctoral Years and Beyond
"Mastering Your PhD: Survival and Success in the Doctoral Years and Beyond" helps guide PhD students through their graduate student years. Filled with practical advice on getting started, communicating with your supervisor, staying the course, and planning for the future, this book is a handy guide for graduate students who need...
The Complete Guide to DAZ Studio 4
Bring your 3D characters to life with DAZ Studio
Learn to pose characters in a natural way with ease
Apply morphs to create new characters with endless variations and discover how to use lighting effectively
Covers DAWN: The new 3D figure on the block by Hivewire3D,...
A History of the Internet and the Digital Future
This book explores the trends that are shaping the businesses, politics, and media of the digital future.
A great adjustment in human affairs is underway. Political, commercial and cultural life is changing from the centralized, hierarchical and standardized structures of the industrial age to something radically different:...
Linked Data: A Geographic Perspective
Geographic Information has an important role to play in linking and combining datasets through shared location, but the potential is still far from fully realized because the data is not well organized and the technology to aid this process has not been available. Developments in the Semantic Web and Linked Data, however, are making it...