A Must-Have Resource for Power Users!
Take control of Windows XP and get the most out of everything this powerful operating system has to offer. Written by Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone columnist Joli Ballew, this book shows you hundreds of tips and tricks you’ll be able to use right away. Learn to do everything from kick starting the boot process to disabling unnecessary applications and services to taking advantage of built-in administrative tools. Start at the beginning or jump straight to the task you want to perform. You’ll get full details on security and Service Pack 2, remote access, gaming functions, networking features, multimedia capabilities, and so much more. Work faster, smarter, and more securely with help from this definitive guide.
- Accelerate the boot process and tweak the user interface
- Manipulate Windows XP applications and services
- Customize Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
- Take advantage of Remote Assistance, Remote Desktop, and NetMeeting
- Ensure system security by using Service Pack 2
- Improve gaming performance by increasing RAM, upgrading video and sound cards, and more
- Organize your digital photos and enjoy multimedia with Windows Media Player 10 and Windows Movie Maker 2
- Set up and maintain a wired or wireless network
- Maximize system performance--without purchasing or installing anything
- Get the most out of built-in utilities and administrative tools
Joli Ballew is a Microsoft Windows XP Expert Zone columnist and the best-selling author of more than a dozen books on Windows XP and other computer-related topics.