HL7 for BizTalk provides a detailed guide to the planning and delivery of a HL7-compliant system using the dedicated Microsoft BizTalk for HL7 Accelerator. The HL7 Primary Standard, its various versions, and the use of the HL7 Accelerator for BizTalk are broken out and fully explained. HL7 for BizTalk provides clear guidance on the specific healthcare scenarios that HL7 is designed to overcome and provides working case study models of how HL7 solutions can be implemented in BizTalk, deployed in practice and monitored during operation. Special emphasis is given in this book to the BizTalk reporting functionality and its use to provide HL7 oversight within organizations. HL7 for BizTalk is suitable for use with BizTalk versions from 2006 R2 to 2013 R2 to suit the reader’s organization. All three versions of the HL7 standard and their differences, are explained.
Vikas Bhardwaj is a Technical Architect at Syntel Inc. Vikas has 14 years of IT experience with Microsoft Technologies like BizTalk Server, .NET, C#, SQL Server. Vikas has implemented various integration solution using BizTalk Server including one of the largest implementation of BizTalk and HL7. Vikas presently lives in Nashville, Tennessee with his wife Poonam and two kids Shivam & Ayaan. You can check out Vikas' blog at http://vikasbhardwaj15.blogspot.com/ and Vikas can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Howard S. Edidin is an integrations architect specializing in enterprise application integration. Howard runs his own consulting firm, Edidin Group, Inc, which is a Gold Member of the HL7 International Organization. Howard's firm specializes in delivering HL7 and HIPAA Healthcare solutions and providing guidance in the use of HL7 with BizTalk. Howard is active in several HL7 Working Groups and is involved with the development of a new HL7 Standard. In addition to BizTalk, Howard works with Azure, SQL Server, and SharePoint. Howard and his wife Sharon, live in a northern suburb of Chicago. Howard maintains several blogs, biztalkin-howard.blogspot.com and fhir-biztalk.com. Howard can be contacted directly at email@example.com.
What youÂll learn
• Learn about the HL7 Version 2 Product Suite and the differences between the HL7 Primary Standards
• Understand how the Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for HL7 works, and how it can be applied to your organization
• Create monitoring and reporting structures to provide oversight and upward accountability for your HL7 Applications
• Learn about implementing Meaningful use for Immunizations and the Continuity of Care Document (CCD)
• Design your BizTalk HL7 Solutions with scalability, operating cost and performance in mind
• Learn about the newest HL7 Standard and how it can used with BizTalk today
• Be taught by professional members of the HL7 organization who have been creating industry-specific HL7 solutions from the very start
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at readers tasked with implementing HL7 within their organizations. Both architects and developers will find this detailed BizTalk-specific coverage indispensable.