Delivers the goods on the latest Adobe product for graphics users of all levels. Teaches not just which InDesign command does what but also why it works and when to use it. Includes short, real-world projects that teach just enough information that you’ll be able to learn it and absorb it. Plus, provides details for those converting their layouts from Quark or PageMaker2, and includes a color insert with examples of good layout choices, InDesign’s Swatches palette, and more.
Add your creativity to the exceptional production capabilities of Adobe InDesign CS and you’ll get amazing results. Follow real-world examples to get started laying out professional-quality pages and printing with precision. Take advantage of the built-in support for publishing PDFs as eBooks, on the Web, and more. Learn all the latest features, including tables of contents, tables that flow from page to page, transparency, drag-and-drop color, the powerful Swatches palette, and the revival of the built-in word processor Story Editor.
About the author: David Bergsland has been a designer and art director for the past 35 years, and has taught digital publishing since 1991. He has written six books on graphics topics.
- Convert Quark, PageMaker, and other existing documents
- Customize your interface for efficient production
- Set type with greater precision using OpenType support
- Create print and PDF workflow output to the latest standards
- Properly plan for page size, column width, and paragraph design
- Work with color palettes, overprinting, spot color, duotones, CMYK, and much more
- Import documents, tables, graphics--virtually anything you can see on a screen, with full transparency available!
- Integrate tightly with other Adobe products
- Use with Mac OS X and Windows XP
- Prepare your documents with preflighting, separation previews, color paper, custom preview backgrounds, and more
- Learn printing solutions from practical examples
About the Author
David Bergsland (Albuquerque, NM) has been a designer and art director for the past 35 years. He’s been a type designer since 1983; and has been teaching professional digital publishing in the classroom and through web-based distance learning programs since 1991. He’s written six book on graphics topics including Publishing with InDesign (OnWord Press, 2000); Publishing with Photoshop (OnWord Press, 2001) and Publishing with Illustrator and FreeHand (OnWord Press, 2001). His design firm, Bergsland Design, handles projects large and small for a wide variety of design needs and clients.