"Now You Too Can Easily Create Modern 'Table-free' Websites Using CSS from scratch"
Rachel Andrew and Dan Shafer's book is a comprehensive guide to learning and applying the principles of CSS to your Website.
This book will teach you how to
About the Author
- Write faster loading, dramatically smaller pages
- Speed up site maintenance by separating the content from the layout
- Create flexible 3-column designs with ease
- Write device-independent CSS that will work on everything from a PC to an internet refridgerator
- Write search engine friendly pages that can actually be understood by search engines
- Design sites that are standards compliant
- Accomodate older Web Browsers
- And much more...
Rachel is a director of edgeofmyseat.com, a UK-based web solutions company, and is an experienced web developer. Rachel is a member of the Web Standards Project on the Dreamweaver Task Force, and hopes to encourage best practices in the support and use of W3C Standards in Dreamweaver. In addition to co-authoring several books, Rachel writes for various magazines and resource sites, both online and off. When not writing code or writing about writing code, Rachel spends time with her daughter, tries to encourage people to use Debian GNU/Linux, studies with the Open University, and enjoys a nice pint of beer.