The AIX and RS/6000 Certifications, offered through the Professional Certification Program from IBM, are designed to validate the skills required of technical professionals who work in the powerful, and often complex, environments of the AIX operating system and RS/6000 and pSeries servers. A complete set of professional certifications are available. They include:
- IBM Certified AIX User
- IBM Certified Specialist - AIX System Administration
- IBM Certified Specialist - AIX System Support
- IBM Certified Specialist - AIX HACMP
- IBM Certified Specialist - Business Intelligence for RS/6000
- IBM Certified Specialist - Domino for RS/6000
- IBM Certified Specialist - RS/6000 Solution Sales
- IBM Certified Specialist - RS/6000 SP and PSSP V3
- IBM Certified Specialist - RS/6000 SP
- RS/6000 SP - Sales Qualification
- IBM Certified Specialist - Web Server for RS/6000
- IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - RS/6000 AIX
This IBM Redbook is designed as a study guide for professionals wishing to prepare for the AIX Installation and System Recovery certification exam as a selected course of study in order to achieve: IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - RS/6000 AIX.
About The Author
Thomas C. Cederlöf is an Education Specialist at IBM Learning Services in Sweden. After working various professions, he was hired as a System Support Specialist in April 1997 at the Nordic AIX Competence Center. After earning his Advanced Technical Expert Certification in 1998, he worked with level 2 support in Scandinavia and the Baltic States and also participated in the itrans program in 1999. Since January 2000, he has been the main instructor for the AIX curriculum in Sweden.
André de Klerk is a Senior IT Specialist at IBM Global Services in South Africa. He has been working for IBM since May 1996. He started his career as a field technician in 1991 and has performed various support roles, including application support and customer consulting. Currently, he is team leader for the Midrange UNIX team at IGS SA.