The unique, visual format of Illustrated C# 2008 has been specially created by author, and teacher of development methods, Daniel Solis. The concise text, use of tables to clarify language features, frequent figures and diagrams, as well as focused code samples all combine to create a unique approach that will help you understand and get to work with C# fast.
It was while teaching numerous seminars on various programming languages that the author realized the immense power diagrams have in explaining programming language concepts. Most people learn quicker and retain information better when the material is presented in a clean, simple, visual format. To achieve this result in his book, Solis uses concise text and bulleted lists, tables to clarify and summarize language features, as well as his renowned, ubiquitous figures and diagrams. Each language feature is illustrated with a concise and focused code sample for complete clarity.
Following an overview of the .NET platform and the role played by C#, you’ll soon move into exploring the C# language in its entirety, including all the new C# 2008 features right down to the most complex topics involved in C#. If you’re a C++ or VB programmer migrating to C# 2008, this book will be invaluable; the unique visual approach offers a far from lightweight treatment of C# 2008, so even the most experienced programmers will come away with a deeper understanding of the C# language.
What you’ll learn
- Details of the C# 2008 language presented in a clear, concise treatment
- New features in the latest version of .NET, in the author’s unique visual style
- How C# differs from and is similar to other programming languages, aiding migrating C++ and VB programmers who already know how languages work
Who is this book for?
- Visual Basic programmers interested in moving to C#
- C++ programmers interested in moving to C#
- Novice programmers interested in learning C#
- Students in introductory programming classes learning C#
About the Author
- Beginning C# 2008: From Novice to Professional
- Beginning C# 2008 Databases: From Novice to Professional
- Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform, Fourth Edition
- Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008
Daniel Solis is a contract software engineer who has worked for a number of high-profile clients, including Microsoft Consulting Services, IBM, Lockheed Martin, and PeopleSoft. He has been programming and teaching object-oriented languages and development methods throughout the US and Europe since the early days of C++. It was while teaching numerous seminars on various programming languages that he realized the immense power of diagrams in explaining programming language concepts.