Implement state-of-the-art Mobile TV networks with this comprehensive guide to the latest technologies and standards, including MediaFLO, ATSC Mobile DTV, and CMMB, the same technologies seeing large-scale rollouts today around the world. You not only gain deep insight into the maze of technologies, but also the principles of mobile content-what makes it work, how it's produced, repurposed and delivered securely, and how it integrates with mobile and Internet domains.
Learn about the key enablers of a mobile TV service, like smartphones, chipsets, and mobile software. Gain access to a detailed look at the networks deployed worldwide with real-world case studies. The informative diagrams provide rich visualization of the new technologies, services, and revenue models. Gain understanding of how mobile TV can be made interactive and how it can be delivered seamlessly in multiple markets. Get insight into the growing capabilities of multimedia handsets and software which drives innovative applications.
Author Amitabh Kumar begins with the basics of mobile multimedia and progresses to cover details of technologies, networks, and firmware for mobile TV services. Easy to follow, Implementing Mobile TV features a rich presentation that includes dozens of FAQs and "Quick Facts."
This new edition is updated to reflect the quickly evolving world of Mobile TV, focusing on factors for success and providing understanding of:
* 3G, Terrestrial broadcast, and Mobile WiMAX networks
* MediaFLO, ATSC Mobile DTV, and CMMB Broadcasting
* Enabling technologies and protocols, spectrum, and opportunities for deployment
* Content security, conditional access and DRM for the mobile world, based on OMA-BCAST Smartcard and DRM profiles
* Handset features for mobile TV and multimedia services
* Insight into making content interactive-traffic, weather, interactive polling, targeted advertising
* Roaming and interoperability in multimedia networks