"For those considering network storage consolidation, Straight to the Core walks the reader through both the how and why of IP and Ethernet's flexibility." Larry Boucher, CEO Alacritech
"A forward-looking work with excellent technical content. Orenstein knows his stuff. ...enough technical meat to satisfy the engineers and business overview of continuance strategies to satisfy CIOs/managers/planners."Tom Clark, SNIA board member and author of IP SANs
Maximizing the business value of enterprise storage technology
Soon, you'll be managing 100x more data than you are today -- with even greater demands for availability and business continuity. IP Storage Networking: Straight to the Core gives you a complete blueprint for meeting that challenge.
Enterprise storage expert Gary Orenstein delivers expert guidance for evaluating, architecting, and implementing IP-based storage technologies... and for maximizing the business value of storage across a range of your requirements.
Orenstein covers all this, and more:
- Enterprise storage networking: current options, future trends
- New storage strategies: from disaster recovery to operational agility
- A complete software infrastructure for managing enterprise storage
- The evolution of distributed storage intelligence
- Outsourcing storage and managing storage-related SLAs
- IP-based SANs: iSCSI, topologies, security, and other key issues
- Implementing policies that protect data and facilitate recovery
- Measuring and maximizing ROI on enterprise storage investments
Whether you're a technical or business professional, IP Storage Networking: Straight to the Core will help you develop storage action plans that leverage innovation to maximize value on every dime you invest.