With the release of Java 1.4, it is now possible to develop more advanced computer games using the Java language than ever before. Java 1.4 Game Programming focuses on the technical aspects of game programming using the latest release of Java, beginning with an introduction to the Java programming language and building upon that knowledge by exploring the key elements required to develop games, such as graphics, input, sound, and networking. Features new in Java 1.4, including full-screen exclusive mode, new graphics features, and NIO networking, are also covered.
- Gain a solid foundation in the Java 1.4 language.
- Learn key issues associated with graphics programming in Java.
- Understand the importance of threads throughout all related topics.
- Find out how to handle mouse and keyboard input correctly in a game environment.
- Develop a reusable sound manager for your games.
- Learn about animation, collision detection, and high-resolution timing.
- See how to create your own in-game GUI system.
- Create a solid game framework for use in your own game projects.
- Learn how to develop multiplayer games in Java.
Multimedia Forensics and Security As information technology is rapidly progressing, an enormous amount of media can be easily exchanged through Internet and other communication networks. Increasing amounts of digital image, video, and music have created numerous information security issues and is now taken as one of the top research and development agendas for researchers,...
XML for ASP.NET Developers (Kaleidoscope) XML for ASP.NET Developers first gives a solid foundation in the basics of MSXML including XML Syntax, XML Schemas, Xpath, Xlink, Xpointer, and other concepts necessary to leverage the power of XML. After the building blocks of XML are thoroughly covered, Dan guides readers through manipulating XML documents using the Document Object Model (DOM)... Coach Yourself: Make Real Changes in Your Life (2nd Edition)
Life coaching empowers people to make lasting, positive, inspirational change in their working life and life outside work. As such, coaching is a proven highly successful management technique. Many people seek coaches from within their organisation or visit a professional life coach. But many more still feel uncomfortable asking another...